Do I need to do something about this rust?

Tscott

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
This is a Texas Jeep and I spotted this rust. It looks like it is the only place on the frame. Reading about all the previous posts on the subject hasays me a little concerned.
How do I best treat this?

1574367414309-1835269371.jpg

1574367458639-574336017.jpg

Sell it immediately...

Just kidding. Its just surface rust. As stated above, wire wheel and paint. Nothing to worry about.

Reactions: matkal
Let me offer an analogy that might help explain rust-belters' frustrations with posts like this. You asking if that "rust" is serious is like an accountant with a paper cut asking a double-amputee war veteran if his paper cut is life-threatening.

Let me offer an analogy that might help explain rust-belters' frustrations with posts like this. You asking if that "rust" is serious is like an accountant with a paper cut asking a double-amputee war veteran if his paper cut is life-threatening.
I don't mean to cause frustration. It was a legitimate concern from reading other posts. I'm new at this and uneducated. That's why I reached out.

I don't mean to cause frustration. It was a legitimate concern from reading other posts. I'm new at this and uneducated. That's why I reached out.

Sorry, I didn't mean to seem angry. I meant it as a joke. You should always feel free to reach out on the forum. If you read through, you'll see a lot of us northerners annoyed by southerners who think they have rust :) Google frame rust TJ to see what we have to deal with.

And the paper cut STILL sucks balls! Take care of the little rust to prevent the big rust.

Rustoluem converting primer, top coat with Rustoleum satin black.
Followed up with a few cans of fluid film each year. About to do my first winter coat this weekend.

Now I get what you are saying about surface rust. It came right off.

There are some numbers on the frame. What does it mean?

1574371249656-613865710.jpg

Man, I get so jealous of these posts. I wish mine was that clean and I haven't put countless hours in to my frame. I think TJs from Connecticut look worse than that after a year