Does anybody have round LED tail lights?

Those of you that ran these amazon tail lights can you share how you wired them? super novice over here.
If you're referring to the ones I linked in post 38 then here is the diagram for the lights.
Screenshot_20210117-185154_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20210117-185948_Chrome.jpg
This thread outlines the wiring for the jeep. For mine I ran the ground to the sheet metal on the wheel well.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/tail-light-wiring.27418/

Reactions: MeanGreen86
Thanks for the two warnings! I see Stu has a work around. Did you have something easier? Looks like he essentially makes spacers to move the bracket 1” away from the area.

https://www.stu-offroad.com/engine/evapcan/evapcan-1.htm
I cut the evap canister like in this how to and did not have to use spacers. It was pretty easy.

LED Lights and Evap Canister Solution (stu-offroad.com)

I have the same tail lights as ABQWrangler in post #53. I have had no issues with them. They are very bright and the reverse lights are really nice. https://redirect.viglink.com/?forma...4" Round Grommet Mount w/ Reverse Light

Reactions: Bigfoot-NM
I do like the Savvy ones but $240.00 compared to all of these for under a $100.00
If cutting a 4.5” hole in the tub doesn’t bother you, then I’d say it’s a no brainer. That’s the only thing stopping me so I’ve had my eye on the savvy set for quite awhile. And the only thing stopping me there is, like you said, the price point.

I do like the Savvy ones but $240.00 compared to all of these for under a $100.00
yeah but when you're on your 3rd or 4th set of those chinese made amazon specials, you''ll have to come back and tell me what a bargain they were...I'm a buy once, cry once type 'cause I don't mind spending a bit more initially for a quality part and installing things once

and besides the anodized aluminum housings on the Savvy lights are beautifully machined bits
SAV-BTLBlackKit.jpg

Reactions: Fouledplugs
If cutting a 4.5” hole in the tub doesn’t bother you, then I’d say it’s a no brainer. That’s the only thing stopping me so I’ve had my eye on the savvy set for quite awhile. And the only thing stopping me there is, like you said, the price point.
If you really screw up the hole, which is hard to do if you take your time, you could always add corner armor and get the mounts back. ;)

If you really screw up the hole, which is hard to do if you take your time, you could always add corner armor and get the mounts back. ;)
Yea but if I screwed up I would be in real trouble as I would be drilling through my corner armor also:eek:

Reactions: DrDmoney
and then i can't find details on most grommets, are they just pressure fit into any hole or do they have a designed grip range?

to me a grommet has a flange on both sides and a designed grip range between those sealing flanges. these things for the lights appear as pressure fit flanges and not true grommets, is this true or am i off somewhere?

Last edited:
Did you drill a small hole in the tub behind the license plate bracket for the 2 license plate wires?
Yes, I drilled a hole right behind the light on the bracket.
Yea but if I screwed up I would be in real trouble as I would be drilling through my corner armor also:eek:
It's pretty easy to get them identical since you can use the factory mounting holes as a reference. I have the 4.5" bit if you want to use it, or head over and I'll help you with the cut. Also, the hole saw has a guide bit, so once you start it isn't going to jump all over the place.

20181129_215335.jpg

20181217_145456.jpg

Yes, I drilled a hole right behind the light on the bracket.

It's pretty easy to get them identical since you can use the factory mounting holes as a reference. I have the 4.5" bit if you want to use it, or head over and I'll help you with the cut. Also, the hole saw has a guide bit, so once you start it isn't going to jump all over the place.

View attachment 222938

View attachment 222939
X2, and once you know where you want to drill, you can dimple the tub in the center so the bit doesn’t walk.

Reactions: Alex01