Does it look normal with 33s?

Definitely let it settle a bit before doing anything. I haven't used RE in a long time but, they were known for being generous with their lift heights. I ran their 4.5" XJ spring and it was a solid 5" after settling. If you want to stick with 33, you need that lift or a suspension and body lift combo.
You jumped in with both feet. 3.5" usually needs a sye/dc shaft and adjustable control arms. A transfer case drop or motor mount lift may help but not guaranteed.
I wouldn't do 35's unless you are ready to re-gear, beef up axles, beef up brakes, beef up steering, etc.

Definitely let it settle a bit before doing anything. I haven't used RE in a long time but, they were known for being generous with their lift heights. I ran their 4.5" XJ spring and it was a solid 5" after settling. If you want to stick with 33, you need that lift or a suspension and body lift combo.
You jumped in with both feet. 3.5" usually needs a sye/dc shaft and adjustable control arms. A transfer case drop or motor mount lift may help but not guaranteed.
I wouldn't do 35's unless you are ready to re-gear, beef up axles, beef up brakes, beef up steering, etc.

Just for contrast here is mine with 33's at a 2.5" OME lift. I personally feel mine looks better, BUT yours will do better on a trail if you need that space in the wells.

06192018938.jpg

Mine must look really silly with 33s, 4" springs and a small body lift. :)
07befaa3d430eb72893f968e573fc28f.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ac_
Daryl, I get what you are saying but the vibration is bad at 30 mph. It may be cheaper to get springs.
The only way to fix your driveline vibes with springs is to lower the ride height. Bad things start to happen to the stock rear driveshaft after 2" of spring lift. What you feel are the u-joints tearing themselves apart.

Short of an SYE, arms and driveshaft, can add a motor mount lift and lower the transmission skid a bit until things smooth out.

Lowranger your jeep looks perfect! Did you have any vibration after the lift? Also, what tires are you running?
Measure your springs. Comparisons don't matter until we know what your actual lift height is. It isn't what the box says it is.

Here is mine with the stock flares/flat, RE 3.5, and 1.25 BL 35x12.5
20180423_115624.jpg

20180622_090530.jpg

This one is the same setup with 33x10.5
20180323_071653.jpg

Talk to the shop that installed it if you’re concerned about the way it drives and to confirm the lift.

OP is full of suspension mysteries. If you remember he was the one who bought his TJ with stuffed 35’s and was told it had no lift. Did you ever find out what was in there for a lift?

Talk to the shop that installed it if you’re concerned about the way it drives and to confirm the lift.

OP is full of suspension mysteries. If you remember he was the one who bought his TJ with stuffed 35’s and was told it had no lift. Did you ever find out what was in there for a lift?
I found out there was no lift with the 35s