Does it look normal with 33s?

Ok guys, Im going to leave everything as is and see if I can just change out the coils to 3 inch. Not sure if anyone sells just the coils but will begin looking. This should make me feel better about 33s and the vibration will hopefully go away.

Ok guys, Im going to leave everything as is and see if I can just change out the coils to 3 inch. Not sure if anyone sells just the coils but will begin looking. This should make me feel better about 33s and the vibration will hopefully go away.
Did you measure the current coils?

Hwy 49 sounds like a fun trip. I was just looking at it on the map yesterday and talking to my wife about it.
You won't be sorry, beautiful drive the whole way and great little towns to explore along the route. Highway 49 will connect you to more backroads than you have time for, just be sure to bring a good gps.

Thanks all for the comments. I’m parking it for now. Don’t want things to start breaking and flying off. I’m traveling the next week but going to see if I can get ahold of the sales guy at 4WheelParts. I specifically asked if I’d need a SYE or double cardan driveshaft or anything else when we were building out the options and he told me “no.”

that might be a little shifty but not technically wrong, you don’t “need” anything else, your Jeep will still get you to work and back & down the trail, just with some vibrations. To put your mind at ease a bit, I drove mine with just a lift and I had vibrations as you do now. I first did a tc drop and it helped but didn’t solve the problem. Maybe 6 months later I removed the drop and added an SYE/CV and it helped more, but still didn’t solve the problem. Maybe 6 months later I added the adjustable upper rear control arms & tweaked the pinion angle & boom, problem solved. Point being I drove it the whole time & nothing exploded.

I do have a transfer case drop. I agree that springs will not settle much. May just change the springs to 3 inch or so and call it a day. Trying to find out who sells tbe springs only. Did not have a chance to measure yesterday but will measure today.

If you swap springs to drop an inch it’s likely you’re still going to experience vibrations so unless there’s some other reason you want to be an inch lower on your lift this will likely be an exercise in futility. I started with (and still have) 3 inches of lift and like I said above, the tc drop alone didn't solve the problem, it took the full SYE/CV/CA routine to finally resolve it.

Reactions: NEOHJeeper
.... Maybe 6 months later I removed the drop and added an SYE/CV and it helped more, but still didn’t solve the problem. Maybe 6 months later I added the adjustable upper rear control arms & tweaked the pinion angle & boom, problem solved. Point being I drove it the whole time & nothing exploded.

It is worth noting for clarity that the SYE/Double cardan rear drive shaft also requires that the pinion be raised using adjustable control arms. It's the nature of the beast. Not raising the pinion is almost a guarantee that the vibes won't go away.

It is worth noting for clarity that the SYE/Double cardan rear drive shaft also requires that the pinion be raised using adjustable control arms. It's the nature of the beast. Not raising the pinion is almost a guarantee that the vibes won't go away.

Exactly. When I put the SYE/CV in I didn't have the juice to also add the adjustable control arms at the same time, though I knew from all the research I'd have to do it eventually to get it done right... took me a while but I completed the set.

My double cardan driveshaft angle was somewhere around 5 or 6 degrees steeper than the pinion which caused noticeable vibrations, less than the stock shaft/tc drop but still noticeable. After the arms were installed & some futzing around with different angles I settled on around a little over 1 degree steeper as the sweet spot

So 4 inches a little more than expected. May seriously consider getting shorter springs

That might be typical of Rubicon Express on a light weight build.

2.5-3" with a small body lift and a mml would be a good way to go. You get the needed clearance for 33s while keeping the rear drive line flatter than if that was all done with a spring lift. This is the reason so many recommend the Zone 4.25" combo lift.

Reactions: JMT
Wonder if Zone would sell their 3 inch springs so I could replace them with the rubicon express
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? There are likely more than one solution to the problem. But before just throwing more money at it with a shorter spring, know what you are trying to achieve.

Reactions: 05 Blue Unlimited
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? There are likely more than one solution to the problem. But before just throwing more money at it with a shorter spring, know what you are trying to achieve.
X2

That might be typical of Rubicon Express on a light weight build.

2.5-3" with a small body lift and a mml would be a good way to go. You get the needed clearance for 33s while keeping the rear drive line flatter than if that was all done with a spring lift. This is the reason so many recommend the Zone 4.25" combo lift.
This would be a good solution.