Dog breeds

D846DCC1-9E03-4310-8C48-37D78C2D0D46.jpeg
AF6D6A38-7DF2-4E1E-9CB7-FF65DD2673C0.png
37A98A17-8B29-4B01-9137-2C948FFE0E82.jpeg
We got our first Golden 34 years ago. We now have number 4 and 5. They helped raise our kids, camp with us, hunt with me, and have been the best companions anyone could ask for. My 3 year old Caly goes nuts when I say “Jeep Jeep”.

Last edited:
View attachment 44088

My Old Springer Spaniel loved to go for rides in the CJ!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Here are my two girls, 12 yr old Samantha on the left and 11 mo old Maggie on the right....both English Springers. We call her Maggie May cause at her age she may do what you want and may not, but she is getting better. Loves to ride but gets a bit car sick on longer trips.
20171209_180331.jpg
20160628_152813.jpg
20170916_110641.jpg

I went over to a friends house last night for a cookout. He had a 4 year old, female English Bulldog. I was really impressed with the EB, she was a sweetheart and let about a 20 preteen girls love on her without a care in the world. The owner said the EB was pretty lazy, very friendly, loving, and snored like crazy.

Reactions: Rubirob and RussTJ
My dogs name is Prince.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Nice, I like that name. Dogs seem to grow into their names, has Prince? The last 2 dogs I had were already named as puppies when we go them. Which I thought was wierd, but the dogs were already recognizing their names so we decided to keep them. So, I have never had the oppurtunity to name my own dog.

My first dog, which I don't have a picture of at the moment was a Cavalier King Charles Spanial named Bandit. He only had one black marking in his face, around his right eye, which kinda looked like an eyepatch. He was a great dog, but he loved McDonalds and chocolate way too much, diabetes got him much too soon.

Looks like someone wants to go for a ride..
20180720_074850.jpg

E5E00ED8-2B97-4616-94A5-9D200D5C1491.jpeg
We have three acres of fenced yard so it’s easy for us to keep big dogs, we are on our third generation of giant breeds tha pair a Newfoundland and a Great Pyrenees...Bea on the left and a Remington on the right. Both are rescues, it seems some folks don’t realize how big these adorable puppies will become.

Reactions: zebra12 and DA RUNT
20180718_214753.jpg
20180718_214743.jpg
20180325_165622.jpg
20180505_143712.jpg
Love all those dogs.

King Solomon.. or "Sully" is my hybrid wolf dog/malamute.

He definitely loved jeep rides. He is still ticking but is too old now.. so no more rides, and the walks are very short and just around the corner.

Soo many stories. He looks like a malamute.. but i can tell when some wolf attributes take over. His sister... owned by a friend of mine... looked like a straight up yellow eyed, pure white lanky wolf.

His personality is this: a family loving filthy mouthed sailor who just pulled into a foreign port on payday.

We adopted this one 2 years ago from a shelter, shes a shepard/collie mix. Her name is Daisy. Certainly not the smartest dog but we love her. We think she was really abused the first 6 months of her life, she has 0 confidence and hates of men (except me now), but she has been coming along nicely. Still trying to get her to enjoy rides, but for the most part she doesnt have fun in the jeep. Give her a body of water and she'll play all day!
IMG_1155.JPG

IMG_1561[1].JPG

We also have this cat who tolerates us. Aloha

IMG_1831[1].JPG

Op... one dog I am considering amd fits your criteria is a doberman.

Decent sized.. agile... athletic.. loyal.. smart. Etc..

I didn’t even think about one of these, how big do they get? I want a large medium sized dog to a full size if that makes sense haha, not a grate Dane but not a terrier. Something around the size of a lab.

That dog is pretty cute waiting for you daughter haha. I don’t have kids but I want my dog to be friendly around them. I know a large part of that is introducing them to children from a young age though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m late on this response, sorry I missed it. Ya they need to be socialized. He was scared of everything at first, now he’s better after letting anyone and all the neighbor kids pet and hold him. Now he’s fearless and friendly to anyone and anything but he’s a handful. They are so energetic that you may not have another lazy day for a long time. Here he is now at 17 weeks and 24 lbs. he will get up to 40 but I think he may get bigger line his dad at 50lbs.
dd1b06e517335a449ac4abec44b03abe.jpg

He’s a great pup and my co-pilot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Travis