Door sill protection options?

Had the same issue with mine and went with these entry guards. There are a number of them out there but I think they're all pretty much the same, just branded under different names.

I went with Rugged Ridge. About $20 on Amazon. Easy install; peel the rest of the OEM clear coating off, clean with alcohol and stick em on (they have 3m automotive adhesive on the back). I've had them for just over a year and they've held up great so far. View attachment 267818View attachment 267819
The Rugged Ridge are what I put in about 2.5 years ago too and are still looking new. They're more of a hard rubber as opposed to a plastic also.
IMG_1268.JPG

I got those and did t even install them they don’t actually cover the spots that get scrubbed by my foot. It may work great for you tho.

I'm noticing that also. Most of the rubbing I seem to be doing is on the visible corner of the tub. But I don't like the looks of the protectors that hang over the edge.
The PO did a number on the lip going into the tub as well. I think I'm going to get the rugged ridge style without the logo, and a roll of clear protective film for the edge visible with the door closed. I only need to go down about 1"

I'll need to get some patriot blue or whatever it's called to match for touch up first.

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

I went with the Mopar ones. I know some don't like the look of them showing outside the door, but I've run them on every TJ I've had so it looks right to me. And that outside edge is what gets beat up the most, especially when the kids climb in and out.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

My Rugged Ridge ones showed up today - and overall, I *REALLY* like them. They're made out of what appears to be a heavy grade rubber. About the only thing I'll criticize them for, is the fact that they could be about an inch longer. They'd need to change shape if they were to cover the radiused corners, but even so, they could be an inch or so longer and still be completely on the straight/flat portion of the door sill. They are very nice, and fit exactly. Unlike some, they're flexible rubber and do not project below the door opening.

nice. I had some of the ones that hung out under the door. I didn't hate the look, but I had to remove them because they hung down far enough to interfere with my Savvy rocker guards, so into the trash they went.

tape, cardboard and your favorite color. around here anything more is a water and dirt collector.

Reactions: MichaelGH