Driveline length

Reckless_Tj

Ok guys so I just installed my Currie 4" lift and will be doing the 1"MML and 1.25BL from savvy to efficiently run 35s. My question is if I went with a JB Super Short sye conversion now with that 1310 yoke and double Cardon shaft from adams will I need to get a new driveline in the future when I do a tummy tuck or will it be fine?

If anyone has taken this route before any info is encouraged.

Thank you.

Ok guys so I just installed my Currie 4" lift and will be doing the 1"MML and 1.25BL from savvy to efficiently run 35s. My question is if I went with a JB Super Short sye conversion now with that 1310 yoke and double Cardon shaft from adams will I need to get a new driveline in the future when I do a tummy tuck or will it be fine?

Thank you.
Depends on the spline end they use and how they set it up.

Thank you.
There will be a difference in measured distance from yoke to yoke, but it will probably be fine. Talk to Adams. They ‘should’ know.

Last edited:
Reactions: SvtLdr
Yeah I figured I was reaching a little on this one lol. Thanks.
I don't think you're reaching at all. If you're settled on buying from Adam's, then tell them what your goals are when you order the shaft. If they're unable/ unwilling to accommodate you, hang up the phone.

Call Tom Woods. They'll build you a shaft that will work now and after you're tucked. That's what they did for me.

Reactions: JMT
I second the Tom Wood advice. I have an Adams and they serviced it and missed the bad centering ball and ujoints, which sent me on a wild search elsewhere for the problem I was having. Couldn’t drive my Jeep for 6 weeks. 🤬

Once you contact TW Driveline and provide the measurements (provide additional future lift information) you should receive your custom driveshaft within 5-6 days. I have ordered several driveshafts from TW and they have performed perfectly.
Recently ordered a driveshaft from TW after installing a SYE and the driveshaft arrived in 5 days.
TW provides great customer service.

• USA Proud
Reactions: SvtLdr
I second the Tom Wood advice. I have an Adams and they serviced it and missed the bad centering ball and ujoints, which sent me on a wild search elsewhere for the problem I was having. Couldn’t drive my Jeep for 6 weeks. 🤬
That's the kind of nonsense you NEVER hear about Tom Woods. Just saying.

• USA Proud
Reactions: JMT and CharlesHS
Another vote for Tom Wood.

Also, I had an old driveshaft lengthened locally after installing a TT and I think it was $120 and a day of downtime.

All shafts have enough spline length to allow some lift and flex.
IIRC, Tom Woods shafts have even more. So I'm also curious how much lift and/or tuck a shaft can handle before you should consider a longer one?

Reactions: Reckless_Tj
All shafts have enough spline length to allow some lift and flex.
IIRC, Tom Woods shafts have even more. So I'm also curious how much lift and/or tuck a shaft can handle before you should consider a longer one?
This would be a great question for the expert @Shawn at Tom Wood's .

One thing I would recommend, when you order your driveshaft make sure you get it with non-greaseable Spicer joints. They are stronger and last longer.
Saying that they last longer is more an opinion, no? Wouldn't that really depend on what type of conditions they see and how well they're maintained?

My gold seal joints from Tom Woods are greaseable and they're holding up really well. But I keep them greased.

Saying that they last longer is more an opinion, no? Wouldn't that really depend on what type of conditions they see and how well they're maintained?

My gold seal joints from Tom Woods are greaseable and they're holding up really well. But I keep them greased.
Perhaps. but non greaseable joints are stronger and, in my opinion, they seem to last longer. I see GM vehicles with well over 100k miles on the original non greaseable joints. These are construction vehicles that are on job sites and rack up tons of miles.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Thanks to those who have recommended us. Here's some answers to questions.

Yes, you can get a shaft now that will work now and will also work when you install the tummy tuck. Just make sure to get the shaft built with a long spline, what we call the X spline and XC slip yoke. This will give you more compression and extension that you really need so there is some extra to accommodate minor length changes due to raising the transfer case.
*Edit* If you do this, you should probably add 1/2" to your current length to lead the target and get you closer to what you'll need when the tummy tuck in installed.

Here's my take on the greaseable vs non-greaseable question https://4xshaft.com/blogs/faq/greaseable-vs-non-greaseable-joints-which-is-better. They are both good options with advantages and disadvantages. There is no right answer to which is best and I consider it to mostly be a personal preference thing.

s vs x.jpg

Last edited: