DylanM345 build

Reactions: D M and Wildman
This was fast. Ill be putting it in some time this week.
40D0A4B6-2EDC-4710-A1D6-0376F0020A72.jpeg
Only thing is I still need to tighten my tcase yoke nut because my speedo still bounces all over the place, even when puttin it in gear from a stop. Is it possible the tone ring sensor is loose? Or is most definitely the tcase yoke nut? The thing is I dont have a wrench that goes to 220. Had to borrow a buddies snap on but it only goes to 200

Last edited:
This was fast. Ill be putting it in some time this week. View attachment 285145Only thing is I still need to tighten my tcase yoke nut because my speedo still bounces all over the place, even when puttin it in gear from a stop. Is it possible the tone ring sensor is loose? Or is most definitely the tcase yoke nut? The thing is I dont have a wrench that goes to 220. Had to borrow a buddies snap on but it only goes to 200
I would assume something is wrong with the tone ring sensor.

You can rent a torque wrench that goes up to 250 ft/lbs from an auto parts store like O'Reilly. They'll charge you the price of replacement, but refund the full amount when you return.

150 to 180 ft. Lbs. Should be sufficient for that nut.
I was told 220 per JB conversions instructions manual.
I would assume something is wrong with the tone ring sensor.

You can rent a torque wrench that goes up to 250 ft/lbs from an auto parts store like O'Reilly. They'll charge you the price of replacement, but refund the full amount when you return.
I actually got my tone ring sensor replaced by JB conversions because mine would bounce a little, then read nothing at all. This one will bounce and still find its way back to my current speed. Good to know about orileys.

Reactions: bobthetj03
I actually got my tone ring sensor replaced by JB conversions because mine would bounce a little, then read nothing at all. This one will bounce and still find its way back to my current speed. Good to know about orileys.
Are you sure you have the JB conversions tone ring installed correctly? The washer goes on the outside, not the inside. It's a little counter-intuitive, but if you have it wrong it either won't read at all or something will be wonky. If you need I can crawl under and try to take a pic of mine.

I was told 220 per JB conversions instructions manual.

on the sensor itself, the washer that comes with it goes between the sensor body and the t-case housing.

Reactions: D M and JMT
Are you sure you have the JB conversions tone ring installed correctly? The washer goes on the outside, not the inside. It's a little counter-intuitive, but if you have it wrong it either won't read at all or something will be wonky. If you need I can crawl under and try to take a pic of mine.
If you would do that, it would be great thanks

Reactions: Wildman
Dylan I rented a torque wrench for that same project from Oreilly’s. It has to be torqued to spec to work right
Good to know thanks. I hit my rear ds on the rocks a bit at hollister(ohv park) so that must have loosened it. Only on the way home did it start acting up