EBay experts

This is the only screen I get. Please circle that option for me. View attachment 217578

yup...I know there is nothing intuitive about their site. Go to the home page ( the first screen you get on logging in. Go to very top and you’ll see something like ‘ Search help topics’. Type in how cancel transaction. You will get a page with all the blurb on it but more importantly you’ll see a blue button...press that and it will show the next screen with your recent purchases. Simply click the one you are not wanting to proceed with and your on your way.
Cheers John

Reactions: Modoc Guy
Holy shit, $78 for shipping? I've shipped cast iron antique tractor parts and it wasn't that much.
No, it is a tactic they use to get more folks to view and maybe purchase an item. That particular hold down kit is about 80 bucks all over the place. He is selling it for less but making up the difference on shipping costs. Lots of eBay scum do it that way or try to but they all list the shipping cost so you know to avoid them.

Reactions: jeepguy03
No, it is a tactic they use to get more folks to view and maybe purchase an item. That particular hold down kit is about 80 bucks all over the place. He is selling it for less but making up the difference on shipping costs. Lots of eBay scum do it that way or try to but they all list the shipping cost so you know to avoid them.
Originally I was going to say what others mentioned about apologizing to the seller and just letting the sale fade, hopefully not hurting your buyer rating, but in that case fuck that guy.

I've seen this before as I shop on eBay pretty often. If you click on the Seller's other items, he probably has the exact same item listed a few different ways with different fees associated with it. They just don't show up in the search list next to each other so you might never find it unless you go directly to their page. It's a scam to get more money. I rarely ever pay for shipping on anything from eBay.

Originally I was going to say what others mentioned about apologizing to the seller and just letting the sale fade, hopefully not hurting your buyer rating, but in that case fuck that guy.
I don't care if it hurts my buyer rating. I don't leave much feedback, I don't check mine, I treat it like any other online seller. If they want me to buy something, post up an accurate price and if it works, I buy it, if it doesn't, I don't. eBay started selling feedback many years ago and I just don't care. They need me far more than I need them.

I'd also like for that moron to file any kind of a PayPal dispute. PayPal likes me a bunch. I can go into my account right now and get a 75,000 dollar signature loan based on my history with them. They don't ever find in anyone else's favor when I am involved in a dispute or claim unless I screw up on my end and miss a deadline. The average person has to wait for a dispute that has been escalated to a claim for many days. I escalated a dispute to a claim and they found in my favor in 6 hours. Total time from the time I filed the dispute to getting a full refund was 2 1/2 days.

Reactions: jeepguy03
Most of the time they charge inflated shipping rates is Ebay does not charge a commission (or they used too not) on the shipping so the seller keeps more of the money. I have seen it many times in the past where a $200 item is sold for $1.99 with shipping of $198.00!

Reactions: RMETeeJay
Most of the time they charge inflated shipping rates is Ebay does not charge a commission (or they used too not) on the shipping so the seller keeps more of the money. I have seen it many times in the past where a $200 item is sold for $1.99 with shipping of $198.00!
I had a message from another seller so I went to the eBay dashboard to take care of it. While there, I noted a "pay for this now" item and a button to contact the seller. I used that button and told them to cancel it because I was not playing silly shipping cost games.

Get a reply back to the effect of- "what are you referring to?" I'm referring to 70 dollars in shipping for a 59 dollar item, I ain't doing that, cancel it.

"Oh wow, why is it doing that?" You're the seller, you tell me.

"Send me a zip code and I'll get you an actual shipping quote."

No, bought it elsewhere.

Reactions: Chris
I've run into this before. Matter of fact dealt with it last night. I believe there is some kind of automatic quote for shipping.. someone who sells on eBay can confirm but a few listings i've dealt with that had ridiculous shipping, seller informed me after providing my zip that shipping will be nowhere close to what was listed in their ad and they couldn't fix it after they posted their item for sale.

Last night guy had some gas pump parts with an opening bid of $25, a Make Offer and shipping of close to $30. I sent a PM asking wtf on the shipping and they said make an offer, shipping no more than $10. Done.