Deceptive eBay seller

I did get exactly what I paid for! The only thing I really took away from the experience is that the Amazon inspectors can't be expected to know the difference between "used but still very useable" and "you dummies got taken because you refunded someone's money for the dirty greasy worn out parts they just replaced". That was worth some curious entertainment value, I suppose.
I suspect based on a few stories that they don't inspect returns. Semi local buys a stand alone camera thingy to keep an eye on his kids. Package arrives, it is full of gravel. Gets Amazon customer service on the phone, arranges and does a return/replacement. Next one arrives, still some expensive gravel. IIRC, it took 4-5 times before they finally got the camera delivered. Someone figured out a neato scam and was returning unopened boxes for full credit. Or, someone in fulfillment is screwing the system.

Don’t be so hard on yourself. You can’t be awesome and perfect.
Alright, it is beyond fucking obvious that no one, not even someone in desperate need of a 3" 3M Roloc abrasive disc would pay 17 dollars for a single disc. It is purely a scam intentionally deceptive listing designed purely to catch morons, idiots, and fools who don't for whatever reason read every single letter in the description. No one, not even morons, idiots, and fools pay that much for a single disc so it only exists for one reason.

Reactions: Gollywomper
Alright, it is beyond fucking obvious that no one, not even someone in desperate need of a 3" 3M Roloc abrasive disc would pay 17 dollars for a single disc. It is purely a scam intentionally deceptive listing designed purely to catch morons, idiots, and fools who don't for whatever reason read every single letter in the description. No one, not even morons, idiots, and fools pay that much for a single disc so it only exists for one reason.
To fool the aforementioned people you describe

I wonder how many of the people who buy from that listing just say fuck it, and don’t return the item.

Did you have to pay return shipping or is that on the seller?

I wonder how many of the people who buy from that listing just say fuck it, and don’t return the item.

Fuck it items are like the 10 dollar steering wheel wrap that doesn't fit right. 17 bucks for a sub 1 dollar item isn't on my fuck it list. I have to pay return shipping. Sub 1 ounce first class mail is the penalty for that.

Reactions: Chris

I guess a sternly worded return request has some value after all.

ebay refund notice.PNG

The part I'm trying to wrap my head around is with eBay's now very liberal return policy, who isn't sending them back? Or, who is actually happy paying 17 bucks for an item that is worth about 80 cents on a good day? I'm tempted to cancel the return just so I can leave them shit for feedback.

I did return my single wheel cap. I'm guessing for small ticket items, some people just say "screw it" and move on. The seller in your case is probably simply banking on enough people not returning, or just saying " It was in the description" if he figures the buyer will take that reason. Either way the whole thing is pretty deceptive and intentionally so.