Deceptive eBay seller

I've lost track of what your argument is about. A guy makes a harmless but irritating mistake by falling prey to a shady retailer. He comes here to complain a bit. Both about the shady retailer and his momentary lack of good judgement.

This is a cautionary tale that we can all relate to. It's nothing more than sharing the human experience.

Thanks for setting me straight

This is a cautionary tale that we can all relate to. It's nothing more than sharing the human experience.

And, I really do appreciate the cautionary tale in general, you have to be careful on that site no doubt. I’ve almost been burnt on things like this before due to complacency. It usually always happens when you focus in one part number, pricing, shipping time/cost etc. When they all start to look the same, that is when you really need to be vigilant when you finally settle on one that looks good.

Reactions: jjvw
When I buy from Amazon, I will occasionally buy the used stuff for less money, knowing these are often brand new returns with damaged packaging. It's a small gamble that usually pays off.

A few years ago, I bought all four ball joints "used" assuming they were still new but repackaged. One pair was exactly as I hoped. The second set must have been the old trashed and worn out set that someone had put in the new box and returned to Amazon for a refund.

I reported this to Amazon with an explanation, but they would not accept these used BJs for a second refund. I was out $20-something bucks because of some unscrupulous Amazon customer.

All that had to be done. Clearly states what is for sale. In all caps mind you.

facepalm.gif

Swing and a miss.

Why are you trying to argue what's in the listing? He admitted that he didn't read the entire listing. That is not taking away from the fact that the listing is deceptive. Which is one of the points of his post.

another nut swinging comedian I see

Another semi-literate moron, I see.

Last edited:
View attachment 109227

Swing and a miss.

Why are you trying to argue what's in the listing? He admitted that he didn't read the entire listing. That is not taking away from the fact that the listing is deceptive. Which is one of the points of his post.

wait a minute I'm the semi literate moron??? lmfao you got me there

View attachment 109227

Swing and a miss.

It’s not deceptive if you read the god damn listing like any potential buyer would do. Wtf are you taking about?

Reactions: ptw
I find
It’s not deceptive if you read the god damn listing like any potential buyer would do. Wtf are you taking about?

ita pointless trying to get a point across to a bunch of nut swingers with overpriced brake kits 😂

It is absolutely deceptive when the placement of the key detail is designed to be overlooked and inconsistant with the presentation of the rest of the listing. Buyer beware.

Last edited:
I find

ita pointless trying to get a point across to a bunch of nut swingers with overpriced brake kits 😂
Blaine even admitted he made a damn oops....these guys need to quit brown nosing already. It’s getting disgusting. Blaine knows his shit. We all know that. He admitted he fucked up on this one. It’s done

I buy and sell a ton on Ebay and have never been screwed...but then again I read the entire ad, check feedback etc..i did read your ramblings and what I got from it was this...you didnt read the entire ad, got hosed and came to a public forum to gripe about it.
No, I came to a place I consider home to share my stupidity with folks who may have perhaps had a day or two where a lapse in attention resulted in similar acts of dumb. I don't have time to be perfect, it is hard enough just being fucking awesome.

I've lost track of what your argument is about. A guy makes a harmless but irritating mistake by falling prey to a shady retailer. He comes here to complain a bit. Both about the shady retailer and his momentary lack of good judgement.

You starting to notice we keep having to explain the simplest of shit lately?

Reactions: xxdabroxx and jjvw
I've been happy with Roark Supply. I think they have those discs. Sucks they got you with the fine print, that type of stuff is so tiresome.
Funny you should bring that up. I'm not thrilled with the 3" non 3M stuff I have been using from them. I'll have to go back and see if they have them in 3M. I am beyond thrilled with their green 6 x 48" belts though. And yes, it is tiresome, almost as tiresome as having to explain it to some.

Reactions: pagrey
When I buy from Amazon, I will occasionally buy the used stuff for less money, knowing these are often brand new returns with damaged packaging. It's a small gamble that usually pays off.

A few years ago, I bought all four ball joints "used" assuming they were still new but repackaged. One pair was exactly as I hoped. The second set must have been the old trashed and worn out set that someone had put in the new box and returned to Amazon for a refund.

I reported this to Amazon with an explanation, but they would not accept these used BJs for a second refund. I was out $20-something bucks because of some unscrupulous Amazon customer.
That's pretty interesting. I wouldn't have considered that the denial would in fact be within policy because you did in fact get exactly what you paid for, a used set of ball joints. Also why I really try to avoid selling used parts. If someone asks to buy something used, I have learned the hard way what that means which is they want the performance of new at half the price.

I'll type very slowly this time so it might sink in. The deception was deliberate and done in such a way to catch the morons who don't always take the time to read every letter in a description when there are 10 other items using the exact same description and picture with one tiny minor difference. Had it been the only description of the only item I happened to peruse that day, I would have caught it. We also have to consider the egregious nature of overcharging by at least 1600% which may give the more astute among us pause to wonder who really does that and expects it to stick?

Reactions: xxdabroxx
That's pretty interesting. I wouldn't have considered that the denial would in fact be within policy because you did in fact get exactly what you paid for, a used set of ball joints. Also why I really try to avoid selling used parts. If someone asks to buy something used, I have learned the hard way what that means which is they want the performance of new at half the price.

I did get exactly what I paid for! The only thing I really took away from the experience is that the Amazon inspectors can't be expected to know the difference between "used but still very useable" and "you dummies got taken because you refunded someone's money for the dirty greasy worn out parts they just replaced". That was worth some curious entertainment value, I suppose. I still buy the used, but actually new, stuff pretty often and very rarely regret it.

Last edited:
I'll type very slowly this time so it might sink in. The deception was deliberate and done in such a way to catch the morons who don't always take the time to read every letter in a description when there are 10 other items using the exact same description and picture with one tiny minor difference. Had it been the only description of the only item I happened to peruse that day, I would have caught it. We also have to consider the egregious nature of overcharging by at least 1600% which may give the more astute among us pause to wonder who really does that and expects it to stick?
So your calling yourself a moron? I hope for your sake they give you your $17 bucks back