Emergency flashers not working after LED install

I'm shocked that California doesn't do that..... they don't care about your safety..... but god forbid you change the intake or exhaust then you are in trouble you might be polluting and that carries a death sentence (if the had one)
Back in the 70's I believe they did. I recall my mom getting a sticker to place on her windshield afterwards.

Reactions: Boinked
Mine does the same thing, led tails only. Solution: Do not use flashers. I honestly cannot recall a time I have ever used flashers anyway.

I use my flashers constantly, but that’s what happens when you live in a busy area with not much parking :).

With all stock bulbs the signals and flasher work fine. When i put the LED's in just the rear the problem comes back and stays remains with the installation of the fronts. I have not re installed the original marker lamps back in as i just had them in last week (problem existed with orig marker lamps) before i changed the fenders to incorporate the LED marker lamps.

To return back to this...
I'd start with the rear LED's then. Either they are defective (one or both) or you probably have a bad ground. How did the new blinker work out?

SOLVED
This is what i did and the setup.
2002 sport.
The front headlights are halo lights wired into turn signals. (not my jeep)
Rear are stock lights.
Both front lights have socket removed. (No wires were cut)
Used side marker lights for new 3/4" LED lights. (Cut and spliced, soldered and shrink tubed)

Stock flasher did hyper flashing. (Did not test hazzards)

Bought cheap off the shelf flasher. Fixed hyper flash but hazzards failed. Loud buzzing/clicking but no light flash.

Bought new high quality flasher NOVITA LM470 (Pic attached) fixed the hazard issue. Works wonderful.

NOTE.... the cheap one and the good one were both made by the same manufacturer just different model numbers. Just because the look the same and say the same thing doesn't mean that they work the same.
View attachment 72631
This solves my issue!
I tried three others, even what is sold as “heavy Duty LED flasher” from NAPA.
This one does work. Flashers and signals now with LED’s!
Thank You all for the help.

On to cleaning the throttle body next!

SOLVED

This solves my issue!
I tried three others, even what is sold as “heavy Duty LED flasher” from NAPA.
This one does work. Flashers and signals now with LED’s!
Thank You all for the help.

On to cleaning the throttle body next!
Im glad that worked for you.

Reactions: Snadler
I've been searching on and off for solution to an emergency hyper-flashing problem. I have LED tail lights and MetalCloak combo marker/turn LED signals in front. The turn signals work great except I had a hyper-flashing problem when using the emergency flashers. I was about to give up when I did another search this morning and came across this post about the Novita LM470 flasher unit. $30 at AutoZone. 15 minute install and it fixed the problem. Here are more details in case it will help someone else.

I pulled out the other flasher unit and it was a Grote 44090 with the exact same specs as the Novita. Either this unit's emergency pin was bad or there is something different about the two flashers. I've attached some photos of the LEDs I'm using and the old flasher that was producing the hyper-flashing problem. All the LEDs were installed per the manufacturer's instructions. I did not do any custom splicing or grounding.
IMG_6313.jpegIMG_6314.jpegIMG_6315.jpeg

Reactions: Boinked
I finally installed mine last weekend without too much fuzz. Changed the relay to one purchased from amazon and decided to use the 3/4” three way LEDs from amazing as well, rather than the bulky ones I purchased prior to mounting the fenders. The two-way(not really just one function) LED lights that came with the EAG fenders I punched through next to the hole that was predrilled on the fender and wired those to the stock side marker to have hazard flashers when the jeep is turned off.
Wired this way and worked great.

5CE678C2-D0F7-46D0-8E13-74EF9CFED659.jpeg

That's about where I'm at
Just did the back tails and now no E lights..
What year jeep? Most novita lm470 flasher relay works for most years maybe not some of the early years.