Flashing check engine light and no codes

Howella66442

I tried to hookup a bluetooth obd tool and tried to get it to read with multiple apps (torque pro, dash command, vgate, and others) with no luck. I saw that I had the flashing check engine light (10 flashes).
I rook it to the dealership and they performed the tsb (at their expense). It's been about 600 miles and I still get the ten flashes. No codes. My snap on ethos tool hooks up and I can run full diagnoses with it (Had to change OPDA.). Just as a side note, you can see the cam/crank degree correlation ° with this tool. Adjusted to 0°. What am I missing here?

I tried to hookup a bluetooth obd tool and tried to get it to read with multiple apps (torque pro, dash command, vgate, and others) with no luck. I saw that I had the flashing check engine light (10 flashes).
I rook it to the dealership and they performed the tsb (at their expense). It's been about 600 miles and I still get the ten flashes. No codes. My snap on ethos tool hooks up and I can run full diagnoses with it (Had to change OPDA.). Just as a side note, you can see the cam/crank degree correlation ° with this tool. Adjusted to 0°. What am I missing here?

20210220_180129.jpg

AFAIK, a flashing CEL is typically caused by misfiring.

In my case, when I changed my OPDA I still got misfiring until I reset the ECM.

Have you tried the key on/off method for obtaining codes yet?

When you turn the key to on position (engine off) and get 10 flashes, it means I/M readiness testing not complete. This led to the (X51) TSB lifetime warranty. I had the dealership do the TSB and still get the 10 flashes. I also seem not to be able to hookup bluetooth dangles for torque and dash command. My phone is connected to the device, but it can not connect to vehicle. My snap on diagnostic tool hooks up and has live data just fine. I look and have no codes.

When you turn the key to on position (engine off) and get 10 flashes, it means I/M readiness testing not complete. This led to the (X51) TSB lifetime warranty. I had the dealership do the TSB and still get the 10 flashes. I also seem not to be able to hookup bluetooth dangles for torque and dash command. My phone is connected to the device, but it can not connect to vehicle. My snap on diagnostic tool hooks up and has live data just fine. I look and have no codes.
Also, engine runs fine with no misfires or any other issues.

Have you tried a hard reset by disconnecting the battery terminals and touching them to drain the capacitors? Or just leave them disconnected for a long time.

Reactions: RMETeeJay
Bought the obd device used. Tried it on my 2016 dodge caravan without success as well. I betting you are correct in the statement that the device may be bad.