For the life of me, I can't believe people listen to this

That is something about 5th or whatever wave feminism I haven't figured out. I don't think I ever will.
It basically just boils down to hypocrisy. Don't objectify me unless I want it and it makes me money, but if you are objectifying someone else instead of me in that positive way you are an asshole.

Thank you, Nickleback! 😡

images.jpg
200.gif

• Dislike
Reactions: jjvw and jeepguy03
I only know Megan's work from this and WAP. I'll agree that I would prefer her aesthetic more than most I've heard recently. She has more of the 90's bombastic sound. I got really tired of the thin tick tick tick trap sound a long time ago.

As funny as it is to talk about, WAP is actually a very good comparison. Cardi B has these 3-5 syllable lyric lines with the beat of their song. Enter Megan with same beat who has 11-16 syllable lyrics and a much wider variety of rhymes. Shes definitely better than most and to me at least, stays true to the peak of hip hop. Lyrically, the 80s and 90s hip hop songs are where its at. Megan even has her own remake of Eazy E's "Boyz in the Hood"

That said, I kinda dig the song in the original post 🕺 Music caters to everyone in any mood which I find fascinating.

Man, reading all this stuff has got me feeling like a major misfit. For starters, I still have a collection of vinyl. In fact, I just bought a new phonograph that I dropped into my Dad's old Victrola (was just a shell when I got the Victrola from him). Now, after 40 years of silence, it's playing music once again. But I digress. I also have a sizable CD collection that I utilize daily. I listen to everything from the Maddox Brothers and Rose (mid-30's to mid-50's) to grunge/alternative of the '90's. Oh, and I actually like Nickelback, so there's that. I listen to music daily. I fully admire anyone who has musical talent. What a legacy to leave behind. Case in point: I have an album from John Whitehawk. He was a native American from New Mexico. He only ever put out one album (in 1969), on the Little Darlin' record label. Anyhow, it was the first album I played in the Victrola. Haven't heard the album in 40-ish years, and yet I remembered the words to every song. As I see it, he lives on. They all do. The Beatles, Joplin, Hendrix, Cobain, Haggard, Cline, Cash, Owens. Remembered by people they never met. Now that, my friends, is a legacy.

Last edited:
Meh...give me a tye dye shirt, a pair of birkenstock sandels and a ticket to the Grateful Dead.

Interesting all the different takes here, I am an old guy (59) and have a son in college and he has recently gotten me hooked on a bunch of the "new" country....I like it especially Morgan Wallen (in the dog house now). Still love all the 80s rock and the 70s hits, older country, not into the rap or real new pop stuff I guess. Different stokes for different folks I guess. Drop the top and crank your choice and enjoy.

Oh you want weird and something you most likely never heard of?

I present, South Afrikan Rap. Sorta. Kinda.

• Wow
Reactions: Squatch
Oh you want weird and something you most likely never heard of?

I present, South Afrikan Rap. Sorta. Kinda.
Die Antwoord! Yes!!!

I actually like some of their stuff. Some of it is weird, and dark.

They starred in the Movie "Chappie" a few years back. Dudes name is literally "Ninja" and he's damn near 50 years old.

Reactions: Rick Flair
Die Antwoord! Yes!!!

They starred in the Movie "Chappie" a few years back. Dudes name is literally "Ninja" and he's damn near 50 years old.

Yep the beats are funky and my wife and I love many of their songs. It’s fun to show people we know this. We are not of the age that generally like this kinda music so.....lol

Die Antwoord! Yes!!!

And we need to keep this under wraps when we move out your way. Lol, don’t want people thinking we are not red enough, because we are due to our....tastes. 😂