Fox 2.0 Front Shocks and Tower Relocation

The ears that spread after tightening, what did you torque the bolts to?

I wanted the max clamping force I could get, so I looked up the maximum torque for dry, zinc-plated, Grade 8 fasteners here:

https://www.fastenal.com/content/feds/pdf/Torque-Tension Chart for A307 Gr5 Gr8 Gr9.pdf
For those conditions, it was 90 ft-lb. That's what I used, and I definitely wouldn't want to go tighter! When I re-did it this morning for those pictures, however, it wasn't that tight. Probably about 30 ft-lb (didn't use a torque wrench). Both times I used a Grade 8 bolt with a low-grade nut. The nut torqued to 90 was thrown in the trash (I considered it sacrificial).

Talked to Poly Performance and they confirmed the next batch is early to mid next year.

EDIT: Specifically, the FOX-980-02-039 shocks.

I had to go "used", but a local member had a new/never installed set sitting around they decided to not use. Similar story for the rear 12" - but those were used.

Bolt the boatside to it and stop worrying.

gotcha, lastly did you center the body mount cut outs exactly with the body mounts? I have mine centered right now and It looks like I have to cut a portion of the rear welded spacer off as well.

IMG_2469.jpeg

IMG_2471.jpeg

IMG_2468.jpeg