Free, cheap, & low cost mods for your Jeep Wrangler TJ

Simple glovebox organizer out of a cardboard box. (About as cheap as you can go.)

20210926_124830.jpg
20210926_124920.jpg

Especially in rough terrain when trying to feather the throttle over obstacles, maintaining an even depression of throttle pedal can be a bit of a challenge as your body bounces around even if you have a 4 point harness. The hand throttle can be set at the desired throttle position so it eliminates the "jerkiness" a bouncing foot creates.

Add some spare MOLLE bags with spare spiderweb shade ball thingies:
View attachment 32906

Fun with paracord:
View attachment 32907

View attachment 32908

Phone mount from an old garage bracket and a scotchie magnet mount:
View attachment 32909

Throttle return spring. Springs came in a pack from Autozone, Dorman throttle springs, enough for my Jeep and a few friends:
View attachment 32910

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What size spring would I be looking for?

Thanks! Which one did you end up using that was the best?

Left to right in that picture of the Dorman springs on Autozone, the third one is the one I used. But I ended up using a few more with other buddies jeeps. Really helps when your crawling slow.

Reactions: Texas-TJ
Did you drill that small hole in the cable plate?

When I got my Dorman kit a few of the springs nested inside each other in shipping. That's how I mounted it. Slid inside (Or around.. can't remember) the stock spring and clipped it on without drilling any additional holes. Great mod. Can't remember which spring I used.

Rear seat removed, the upper anchor point for the rear seatbelts on the rollbar takes a 7/16 NF. Choose the coat hooks you like at the hardware store (large flat type work best) drill a 7/16 hole in them, space the hook from the rollbar with three 7/16 washers, mount to the rollbar. :cool:

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Rear seat removed, the upper anchor point for the rear seatbelts on the rollbar takes a 7/16 NF. Choose the coat hooks you like at the hardware store (large flat type work best) drill a 7/16 hole in them, space the hook from the rollbar with three 7/16 washers, mount to the rollbar. :cool:

I don't get it. Do you have a pic?

"Rear seat removed, the upper anchor point for the rear seatbelts on the rollbar takes a 7/16 NF. Choose the coat hooks you like at the hardware store (large flat type work best) drill a 7/16 hole in them, space the hook from the rollbar with three 7/16 washers, mount to the rollbar. "

For hanging your purse ??

• Haha
Reactions: Viking Jeeper
"Rear seat removed, the upper anchor point for the rear seatbelts on the rollbar takes a 7/16 NF. Choose the coat hooks you like at the hardware store (large flat type work best) drill a 7/16 hole in them, space the hook from the rollbar with three 7/16 washers, mount to the rollbar. "

For hanging your purse ??

What's your point?