Front Driver Side Coil Bowing

lets see some other angles... im interested in how your track bar is affecting this. some photos from the front would. be good. is the driver coil also bending in under the frame?

if you disconnect track bar and steering does the problem go away?

you can put weight on it without the steering or track bar hooked up, there is enough triangulation in the arms to keep it from doing anything too stupid.

Your control arms look stock from what i can see.

Sure! I don’t have the wheels back on yet does that matter?
Sway bar is disconnected along with end links and lower CA’s are loosened.

As the suspension droops, the axle will move back and can cause that bow. If your trackbar is connected, you have more bind on the passenger side and the driver's will droop lower. I would like to see you put the wheels back on and lower it down on its own weight. Then take a picture from the driver's side and the front. Try to get the whole front end, vs just the spring.

Sure! I don’t have the wheels back on yet does that matter?
Sway bar is disconnected along with end links and lower CA’s are loosened.

links and swaybar not necessary, tires not necessary, you can put the axle on stands and put the vehicle weight on the springs.

Btw your lower control arm axle end brackets are slotted, and have a round cam washer in them for alignment stuff. if you've got them out of whack it could be throwing that side off or contributing in some way.

you should always fully tighten and torque your control arms at ride height for bushing preload.

As the suspension droops, the axle will move back and can cause that bow. If your trackbar is connected, you have more bind on the passenger side and the driver's will droop lower. I would like to see you put the wheels back on and lower it down on its own weight. Then take a picture from the driver's side and the front. Try to get the whole front end, vs just the spring.

Yes I’ll do that today. Let me get these brakes back on and I’ll snap some pics for y’all.
Thank you very much

links and swaybar not necessary, tires not necessary, you can put the axle on stands and put the vehicle weight on the springs.

Btw your lower control arm axle end brackets are slotted, and have a round cam washer in them for alignment stuff. if you've got them out of whack it could be throwing that side off or contributing in some way.

you should always fully tighten and torque your control arms at ride height for bushing preload.

Here ya go

D519C1F4-049B-44CC-BC3E-6DE63CB2A76A.jpeg

43DB27CD-B51A-4FFF-9CC0-D2BF3CC9E510.jpeg

426E8FBA-F0AF-448E-83AF-C5CD153DC6F3.jpeg

if the frame is touching the jackstands in the middle, you dont have the front axle at ride height because the springs are not fully compressed.

if it is off the stands in the middle of the rig then your giving me a heart attack
Typically it’s held up with the jack you see and another jack as well.
The 2 stands I have are under the frame.

if the frame is touching the jackstands in the middle, you dont have the front axle at ride height because the springs are not fully compressed.

if it is off the stands in the middle of the rig then your giving me a heart attack

I promise you the 2 jack stands are firmly on the frame right behind the control arms. One on each side.

I’ll put the tires back on and snap a pic.
I just don’t currently have the brake calipers on because I’m replacing them.
Does that work?

I needed to get it to full droop in order to install the springs.
Still learning a lot here from you guys so any constructive criticism is helpful and appreciated

no problem with learning and we want to help you out but when i see a rig balanced on a bottle jack with a head the size of a quarter I want to... idk run? we need to get you some more stands and a decent floor jack before we start working on setting bumpstop length etc

I promise you the 2 jack stands are firmly on the frame right behind the control arms. One on each side.

I’ll put the tires back on and snap a pic.
I just don’t currently have the brake calipers on because I’m replacing them.
Does that work?

that makes me feel a little better but once you jack it up to the point the springs are compressed to simulate ride height, the weight will come off the stands and a stiff breeze could send it over.

Reactions: AaronPaul
no problem with learning and we want to help you out but when i see a rig balanced on a bottle jack with a head the size of a quarter I want to... idk run? we need to get you some more stands and a decent floor jack before we start working on setting bumpstop length etc

I only use that tire jack for extra support and safety.
As you can see I have 2 jack stands and a decent floor jack

B7F91849-4E6D-4EC2-A1E9-61E1684EB204.jpeg

70102BA2-D04B-4F3A-B9B8-704F961A8533.jpeg

Ok we now know that most of your frame has been replaced... that could have something to do with the spring being bowed. Bracket in the wrong spot or something, just a theory.

Reactions: DougyintheBushies