Front Driver Side Coil Bowing

Once you have the Jack stand under the axle and not under the frame, I’m curious to see if the body sits level.

Disregard - I was curious if they had difference spring stiffness but he swapped side to side.

Reactions: AaronPaul
Did the stock spring "bow" at all? How much of the frame was replaced and who did it? Did they "cap" your original frame, or did they cut out and replace sections?

No the stock spring sat fine. No idea how much was replaced tbh.
Wasn’t me who had it when it happened

As the suspension droops, the axle will move back and can cause that bow. If your trackbar is connected, you have more bind on the passenger side and the driver's will droop lower. I would like to see you put the wheels back on and lower it down on its own weight. Then take a picture from the driver's side and the front. Try to get the whole front end, vs just the spring.

8B99CAE8-E565-435E-8AF7-72CADC1942DC.jpeg

372091CC-5DE2-4400-A26B-1B837B5AA985.jpeg

6337753C-17BA-41BE-A301-3AA875CF02DD.jpeg

lets see some other angles... im interested in how your track bar is affecting this. some photos from the front would. be good. is the driver coil also bending in under the frame?

if you disconnect track bar and steering does the problem go away?

you can put weight on it without the steering or track bar hooked up, there is enough triangulation in the arms to keep it from doing anything too stupid.

Your control arms look stock from what i can see.

Here ya go

FEBBCC69-E2F4-4776-97BD-F3ACAB1FD09E.jpeg

CB2C8A33-D0B6-471D-9C5E-63CFEE8908D1.jpeg

53DEDA27-DEE5-4F9C-9BA8-47A3F9D4D88E.jpeg

But if those are the safety caps repair sections that they look like he won’t have the frame holes called out to reference to..

But if those are the safety caps repair sections that they look like he won’t have the frame holes called out to reference to..

Yeah I’m not sure tbh. It may just be what it is and I can’t have a lift.
The OE coils were straight as an arrow

After going back and looking at your pictures again it doesn’t look like you have the drivers seated correctly at the top. Not sure if this would cause that much of a bow, but it is something.
4A7FBB43-3F8D-40F1-AB78-42C905E86412.png

9EEB38B5-C5A6-4BAB-AE51-58ABC89BE338.png

After going back and looking at your pictures again it doesn’t look like you have the drivers seated correctly at the top. Not sure if this would cause that much of a bow, but it is something.
View attachment 335837

View attachment 335838
You know I hope it’s that but I have the pigtail situated firmly into the slot at the bottom so I’m not sure how I’d situate it any differently unfortunately

You know I hope it’s that but I have the pigtail situated firmly into the slot at the bottom so I’m not sure how I’d situate it any differently unfortunately

Jack it up and shift the top of the coil towards the rear. There may even be an indent in the isolator where the factory coil was seated and your spring just isn’t going into it. The factory coils were a different length so the top tail may have been in a different location. If that’s the case just rotate the isolator so it matches.

View attachment 335837

View attachment 335838

This is currently drivers side

494C1A99-1004-44B0-B19F-46911BD66D5D.png

CCA92DCC-C786-4570-B153-2DEE7D12E750.jpeg

Jack it up and shift the top of the coil towards the rear. There may even be an indent in the isolator where the factory coil was seated and your spring just isn’t going into it. The factory coils were a different length so the top tail may have been in a different location. If that’s the case just rotate the isolator so it matches.

But then the lower pigtail won’t be in the slot if I do that

But then the lower pigtail won’t be in the slot if I do that

No you can rotate the isolator on the top, that rubber piece that the spring sits against is just slid on over the post. But that spring definitely looks too far forward as well.

No you can rotate the isolator on the top, that rubber piece that the spring sits against is just slid on over the post. But that spring definitely looks too far forward as well.

I can try spinning the isolate itself sure
But as you see the coil is actually running up against the coil tower.