FRP tuning for 97-06 TJs

I'm looking for a tuner that will allow me to delete the Torque Lockup functionality of the PCM as I swapped a 4-speed from an XJ which has a separate TCM.

I'm really confused. What exactly do I need to buy to tune my bone stock 2003 4.0L TJ Automatic? How much is the all-in cost for a canned tune?

Nice to see you finally joined Ryan.

I have an FRP tune on my 4.0 as many of you already know, and in case you haven't seen me raving about how amazing it is already, I will say that it completely transformed the way my 4.0 drives, no joke.

I'd also like to add that I am not paid or endorsed by Ryan, nor did I receive anything for free. This tune really is a game changer in terms of waking up the 4.0.

You won't know what you've been missing until you try it, and after you do purchase it you'll be thanking me for having done so.
With access to the PCM can we ditch the evap and 02 sensor codes? On my one ton swap I am in dire need of engine bay space. Frame has been rebuilt with a new stroker and space is getting smaller and smaller. Thinking I can get some pretty serious horsepower with your tune. With all the evap canisters gone it would clean up and create a lot of space. Is this something that would be possible? and no I don't live in a smog state and yes its off-road only. Thanks

With access to the PCM can we ditch the evap and 02 sensor codes? On my one ton swap I am in dire need of engine bay space. Frame has been rebuilt with a new stroker and space is getting smaller and smaller. Thinking I can get some pretty serious horsepower with your tune. With all the evap canisters gone it would clean up and create a lot of space. Is this something that would be possible? and no I don't live in a smog state and yes its off-road only. Thanks
Smog or no smog, emissions compliance is a federal mandate and we all have to abide by it.
The political tides have changed and so have the attitudes towards emissions compliance as a whole.
I do not turn off any sort of emissions device on any registered vehicle, road going vehicles need to have catalysts in place and emissions equipment intact.

The access exists, and I will do it for specialty-purpose vehicles, but I would need proof that it really is "off-road only".

Smog or no smog, emissions compliance is a federal mandate and we all have to abide by it.
The political tides have changed and so have the attitudes towards emissions compliance as a whole.
I do not turn off any sort of emissions device on any registered vehicle, road going vehicles need to have catalysts in place and emissions equipment intact.

The access exists, and I will do it for specialty-purpose vehicles, but I would need proof that it really is "off-road only".
my CEL's fulltime. i have altered the fuel sys (cell) and eliminated some of the evap equipment.
i'd love to shut that light off for the evap issue but keep it active for the rest of it's monitoring tasks.

ohio won't plate me anymore because of it, so it's a dedicated ORV.

any easy good way to do this?

my CEL's fulltime. i have altered the fuel sys (cell) and eliminated some of the evap equipment.
i'd love to shut that light off for the evap issue but keep it active for the rest of it's monitoring tasks.

ohio won't plate me anymore because of it, so it's a dedicated ORV.

any easy good way to do this?
This is a convo I would prefer to have over email. [email protected]

Reactions: D's Jeep Wrld
Hello. Jeep Wrangler 2004, 2.4L MT. I have replaced the electronic engine control unit. It needs the right setting because it doesn't work properly. We are unable to install the software update. We use HP tuners for Dodge. It has worked 10 times so far, but the menu for adding software does not open on this computer. The ECU was repaired, purchased from Autoecms.

@Flyin' Ryan Performance I've read through this entire thread. Sorry if I've missed the following questions.

What does this do to ST and LTFT? Will the injectors still cycle from lean to rich to preserve the Cats?

Also, @Chris I saw you mention that there's a way to delete DTC's for Evap and Cat efficiency? Is this something that's done through the same HPT tool used to load the tune? And if so, doesn't that mean that a guy could remove those DTC's from the PCM logic, and then completely remove his Cats altogether? (hypothetically, of course). I would imagine if you did that, you'd also want to change the tune to keep the fuel injectors from needlessly switching from lean to rich. Is there such a tune available?

I apologize if those questions makes zero sense. I'm not even close to spooled up on tunes but I'm interested as hell.

Ryan will not remove those codes for you just FYI, but his tunes are completely compatible with cats and you aren't giving up and power running them. Regardless, I ran mine for over a year with no cat and never threw a code.

@Flyin' Ryan Performance I've read through this entire thread. Sorry if I've missed the following questions.

What does this do to ST and LTFT? Will the injectors still cycle from lean to rich to preserve the Cats?

Also, @Chris I saw you mention that there's a way to delete DTC's for Evap and Cat efficiency? Is this something that's done through the same HPT tool used to load the tune? And if so, doesn't that mean that a guy could remove those DTC's from the PCM logic, and then completely remove his Cats altogether? (hypothetically, of course). I would imagine if you did that, you'd also want to change the tune to keep the fuel injectors from needlessly switching from lean to rich. Is there such a tune available?

I apologize if those questions makes zero sense. I'm not even close to spooled up on tunes but I'm interested as hell.
Yes, you can easily remove the DTC codes and disable the systems altogether so no codes will be thrown. It’s very easy to do. The first time I used HPTuners I figured it out in 10 minutes just buy poking around.

It is worth mentioning that not all codes are supported. The HP Tuners for the JTEC is sort of supported, but by no means complete. If I were to guess the later NGCs probably aren't much better.

Nothing is supported in JTEC 2004. The control of CO sensor 2 cannot be switched off. The computer does not open the menu for installing the updated software at all. We use HPTuners.

Yes, you can easily remove the DTC codes and disable the systems altogether so no codes will be thrown. It’s very easy to do. The first time I used HPTuners I figured it out in 10 minutes just buy poking around.
Interesting... :unsure: So, in theory, you could remove the entire EVAP system as well, and just vent the tank old school style...

Interesting... :unsure: So, in theory, you could remove the entire EVAP system as well, and just vent the tank old school style...
You sure could! Just watch out because you're sure to get someone's panties in a bunch here on the forum ;) (not mine)

• Haha
Reactions: Apparition
You sure could! Just watch out because you're sure to get someone's panties in a bunch here on the forum ;) (not mine)
This is all hypothetical of course.

I'm on the HP tuners website right now but I'm a little lost in the sauce. Is there any way you could link me to what I would need to hypothetically pull this off?