Gas Prices

Down here in AZ we have a level pay set up on our electricity. We have a 3800 SF home with a pool and we run about $240/Mo year round with the level pay option. It can be as high as $600 in July/August but as low as $75 in December when we heat with gas which is never more than $85.

Yeah... NY, CA and many other states that have "fees" built into the transportation of any and all energy hide those inside the "rack" rate for the type of energy. It's still pretty sane down here in AZ. We get our electricity from Nuclear and Natural gas for the most part. Some PV but most of those in AZ are powering CA.

Reactions: tr21triton
Down here in AZ we have a level pay set up on our electricity. We have a 3800 SF home with a pool and we run about $240/Mo year round with the level pay option. It can be as high as $600 in July/August but as low as $75 in December when we heat with gas which is never more than $85.

Yeah... NY, CA and many other states that have "fees" built into the transportation of any and all energy hide those inside the "rack" rate for the type of energy. It's still pretty sane down here in AZ. We get our electricity from Nuclear and Natural gas for the most part. Some PV but most of those in AZ are powering CA.
thats more reasonable !

We pay what they call a line fee every month since the beginning of time. Well we had the ice storm of 98, wiped out just about every line in Maine.

Central Maine Power upped the rate to cover the cost of replacing the lines??

When the price of gas went up CMP added a fuel fee to cover the cost of filling their trucks. Guess what happened when the gas prices dropped? Nothing

• Angry
Reactions: JMT and tr21triton
i am just in awe at how anyone can pay that ! i guess i'm really lucky, live a simple life. built a 2000 sq ft home 10yrs ago myself for cash, my brother and i did everything but the concrete and roof. it's all elect. except the stove. but i do heat mostly with a wood burning stove if it stays cold for 2 or 3 days....i'm 125 miles north of ATL in the mountains and 20 miles from the NC. / TENN lines so yes we do get cold but not as cold a y'all in NY. it's beyond me how yall afford a house note, car note and those elect. bills. i'm 56, retired aircraft mechanic and luckily owe no one a dime. i'll have nightmares tonight thinking of a $1100 elect. bill 😵
Well that is the summer bills, but still $300/mo in the winter. At least my houses and cars are paid off, kids will get through college with out any loans unless they really f-up or go to grad school. Once my daughter graduates college in 3 years we will decide where we want to go...will not be NY! My son is now living/teaching in NH and my daughter is in college in NC, neither want to come back to NY. They understand that trying to stay now is crazy. Only reason we have a house is we bought it right in 1997 for $219 now pushing $800K, lived well below our means and always put $$ away any chance we could. Got a bonus, it went into investments, never a thought about "what can we buy".

2.98 when I drove into work. 3.02 when I went to fill up after. Yay.

I’ve been working from home for the past 3 weeks so haven’t paid much attention to gas prices. They’ve gone up significantly in the last week or so, probably due to the storm we had. It was $1.84 on the 18th and today it’s $2.21. 37cents in 8 days.

Frozen refineries in the Gulf Coast effect the price of fuel in the station‘a tank in AZ even if it’s refined in California.
Such are commodities just need a reason. Fast to go up slow to go down on the consumers end.

Making a living growing / marketing corn or soybeans that will give you heartburn. As a producer the prices rapidly go down in days after taking months to slowly go up!

And the green new deal / redistribution of wealth is going to cause even more pain.