Gas Prices

$2.39 last week here in NY at a Costco, typical stations at least .10 more. Last week in PA I paid $2.89...I am sure both are way up now.
It is amazing that at the first sign of a disaster the prices fly up but take months to years to come down. I do agree, some what about either eliminating or reducing the futures/commodity market on fossil fuels.

Reactions: Brianj5600
Eh fracking has its consequence, here in PA they were dumb enough to put them right next to farms, poisoning the tap water and that kinda pushed for them to be removed. Hopefully gas will be cheaper in the near future, with electric cars starting to be manufactured at a higher rate than gas.
yep gas will go down a penny, but your electric bill will double !!!! you can take that to the bank!

My MIL lives in Michigan. Her power bill was $680 and got a notice it’s increasing.

Oh it’s going to hurt us all, but mostly in the fly over states.

• Wow
Reactions: tr21triton
Don't get me started on my electric bills, in the summer they can be over $1100/month and that is before any upcoming increases.
HOLY SHIT !!!! if mine goes over $180 i end up at the E.R. ! WTF i'm in GA and know my a/c runs more that yours..do your lights have a switch ? are you growing a cash crop in you basement ? sorry i just cant imagine a $1100 elect. bill. thats a fucking house payment, sorry i'm amazed ! dear GOD if they sent me that bill, i'd go out, shoot the cable in 2 and buy a whole house propane generator ! wow just wow ! :eek:😵

HOLY SHIT !!!! if mine goes over $180 i end up at the E.R. ! WTF i'm in GA and know my a/c runs more that yours..do your lights have a switch ? are you growing a cash crop in you basement ? sorry i just cant imagine a $1100 elect. bill. thats a fucking house payment, sorry i'm amazed ! dear GOD if they sent me that bill, i'd go out, shoot the cable in 2 and buy a whole house propane generator ! wow just wow ! :eek:😵
He lives in New York, it could be worse he could live in California.

LED in every fixture. It is mostly self inflicted, 14 fish tanks in the house, central AC, Heat pump heated pool (so basically another central AC), hot tub and a 5000 gallon fish pond with a 7500 gallon per hour pump running 24/7.

I get three light bills, the wife gets pissed because during the summer the house at the lake is a lot less than the house we shut down for the summer???

Reactions: Rick Flair
LED in every fixture. It is mostly self inflicted, 14 fish tanks in the house, central AC, Heat pump heated pool (so basically another central AC), hot tub and a 5000 gallon fish pond with a 7500 gallon per hour pump running 24/7.
I have a hot tub it isn't hooked up because it costed an arm, and my left nut to heat.

Yeah my new house in PA has an $80 month electric bill (not a fair comparison as it is part time). It amazes me the difference in running costs between the 2 houses and PA is brand new. Home owners insurance NY $2650/year - PA $440.
Taxes NY-$14,700 - PA $4600.

Yeah my new house in PA has an $80 month electric bill (not a fair comparison as it is part time). It amazes me the difference in running costs between the 2 houses and PA is brand new. Home owners insurance NY $2650/year - PA $440.
Taxes NY-$14,700 - PA $4600.
That and the crime rate is driving people out of NY.

Up to 2.70 here in AZ from around 2.10 a month ago. We're beholden to CA refinery BS and we do fluctuate quit a bit seasonally but this was essentially an overnight jump. At the end of Obama we were in low 3 dollar range.

i am just in awe at how anyone can pay that ! i guess i'm really lucky, live a simple life. built a 2000 sq ft home 10yrs ago myself for cash, my brother and i did everything but the concrete and roof. it's all elect. except the stove. but i do heat mostly with a wood burning stove if it stays cold for 2 or 3 days....i'm 125 miles north of ATL in the mountains and 20 miles from the NC. / TENN lines so yes we do get cold but not as cold a y'all in NY. it's beyond me how yall afford a house note, car note and those elect. bills. i'm 56, retired aircraft mechanic and luckily owe no one a dime. i'll have nightmares tonight thinking of a $1100 elect. bill 😵