Harbor Freight Roadshock LED Lights

My $17 ebay lights still work fine. The housing has faded and the lens is a bit yellow compared to a new one. My Jeep isn't a garage queen and like I said, the light output hasn't really changed. If you want something that works then it'll do. If you want it to stay pretty you need to protect them from the sun or look elsewhere.

light.jpg

I'm moderately interested in these only because of this thread. I put a cheap Chinese ebay bar on my previous Jeep and the first time is rained it fogged up bad. I disassembled, used my wife's hairdryer to dry and a tube of black permatex to seal and it performed pretty well for the next few years until I took it off when I got my new bumper.

Recently for my new setup I bought some 2x2 pods from blackoak led, comparable to rigid. I'm pretty happy with them and I've gotten no fog or any other issues to speak of.

If these new HF lights are even close to as good as some of you guys have said they are, I may have to pick up a set for some of my other applications and it would be interesting to see the head to head performance delta.

View attachment 97522
holy thread resurrection. I did end up buying a set. briefly. I will say light output is easily accomplished BUT, the biggest difference between a high quality LED and a cheap china light is the output color and beam dispersion.

There is something to be said for HF and Ebay lights, they're cheap and they get the job done. period. nothing wrong with that. 200$ light pods aren't for everyone, nothing wrong with that either.

I could not get over having the HF lights on at the same time as my nice ones. The color temperature was wayyyy too blue compared to my nice ones, and the beam pattern despite being a fog was oddly circular. Took them back a few days later.

at KOH not long after I got a screaming deal on some tiny Baja Designs 45* cornering lights that worked out much better for my needs.

again, not advocating everyone go out and spend a fortune on lights. HF is great for alot of folks. YMMV.

Reactions: pagrey
Seriously, but there is so much value in these long term reviews in my opinion. Especially considering plenty of people are still looking at those same HF lights for sale today.
yeah agree totally forgot about this one. when I got the alert I was like "oh yeah... i guess i did end up buying a set, I should follow up"

FWIW my ebay light bar was still kicking when it went away with my last truck 6 months ago.

Reactions: pagrey