Harbor Freight Roadshock LED Lights

Anecdotally, it seems that once HF established a foothold in the US market about a dozen years ago or so, their product quality/durability has increased some too. Never going to beat a snap-on or craftsman, though.

Craftsman has gone down hill substantially after they switched production to China 10 or so years ago. Fortunately all of my Craftsman tools are USA made tools since I bought the entire set 15+ years ago.

I have a Husky tool set which is ok. Home depot is pretty good about exchanging, but I assume they are also made in China, so is it safe to say that Harbor freight tools is comparable to these big names Husky, Kobalt, and craftsman since Pittsburgh tools are also made in China with lifetime for a fraction of the cost?

I was in Harbor Freight today and seen these lights. They seem like good lights for the price. I’ll be interested to see how the light output is.

Reactions: XJCJTJ
Anecdotally, it seems that once HF established a foothold in the US market about a dozen years ago or so, their product quality/durability has increased some too. Never going to beat a snap-on or craftsman, though.
bang for the buck, they are holding their own vs the big names for some items.

Reactions: XJCJTJ
I was in Harbor Freight today and seen these lights. They seem like good lights for the price. I’ll be interested to see how the light output is.

The floods on the bumper have about the same reach out front as the stock headlights on low. But unlike the headlights, they light up the area around as well. I’ll see what I can get for pictures of the lighting.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
I'm gonna try these out soon. Just waiting for another big coupon. I should have jumped Memorial Day....

Go online to their website on your phone and pull up the 20% coupon. They can scan it from your phone. I use it almost every visit.

But on certain holidays (think Father's Day coming up) they do a 25% off.

I just got a set off eBay for $17 delivered, why pay harbor freight to import Chinese crap for you?

Better return policy and these look better than typical eBay lights.

I’ve added a set as backup lights as well. Figured the symmetry was needed.

Reactions: rasband
Other than having the newer style 5D lenses they look like the same Chinese stuff to me. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

15593220880780.jpg

The ebay seller xpressservices is based in Los Angeles so I got them in a few days. I'd probably burn more money in gas going to Harbor Freight twice. Not trying to bash Harbor Freight, they are great for some stuff. Just posting options.

Decided to take a chance an try them. Used the coupon last weekend and just mounted them up last night. First impressions are they seem heavy duty for what they are. Still need to aim them. I also used the Harbor Freight wiring harnesses for them. For 22 dollar a light with the coupon, I’m happy so far.
B01C63C2-87A6-4CD3-9EC3-BA26B79EBE62.jpeg
23DBC2A9-3E65-4D89-B4D6-C4429D0917B7.jpeg

Decided to take a chance an try them. Used the coupon last weekend and just mounted them up last night. First impressions are they seem heavy duty for what they are. Still need to aim them. I also used the Harbor Freight wiring harnesses for them. For 22 dollar a light with the coupon, I’m happy so far. View attachment 97271View attachment 97272

Are those the Quadratec light mounts? Do they shake and vibrate any?

The reason I ask is I've seen some different brands of those types of mounts. Some are like that, some have a little triangle brace on one of the sides. Just wondering if the ones without the brace vibrated any.

You can put a foglight switch from an XJ Cherokee in that blank spot. I put one in for the lights in my rear bumper.
IMG_5601.JPGIMG_5634.JPGIMG_5670.JPG

There's also some similar switches on eBay, but the printed icons don't light up, just the orange light to let you know its on.

TJ Windshield Light Switch

s-l1600ff.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
@MountaineerTom
Yes, these are the Quadratec brackets. They seem really solid, I cannot flex them with my hands. Maybe with some bigger lights, like old KC’s, you may get some vibration. Even then I doubt it. As for the switch I’ll probably change it out later down the road.
PS: Awesome Lj build you have going on.

@MountaineerTom
Yes, these are the Quadratec brackets. They seem really solid, I cannot flex them with my hands. Maybe with some bigger lights, like old KC’s, you may get some vibration. Even then I doubt it. As for the switch I’ll probably change it out later down the road.
PS: Awesome Lj build you have going on.

Cool, thanks for the info.

Thank you, trying to keep it pretty simple.

Reactions: JDunlimited04
Installed a set today (fog light version) in place for my factory fogs. I’m using the factory fog harness so my switch still works. These for sure out shine my headlights. Not bad for $40.