How do you move from one house to another?

In my head I said the same thing. Did you see the taxes, less than $2k/year. We need to create and move to Tri-State City, Arizona.

If too many of you move, you’ll raise the taxes haha!

On a more serious note, houses like this are a dime a dozen in this part of Arizona.

This house where we are at would probably be close to a million.

Reactions: cliffish
On a more serious note, houses like this are a dime a dozen in this part of Arizona.

This house where we are at would probably be close to a million.

Location, location, location.

My wife and I split the difference between where she lived and where I lived when we got married. My commute is a little longer, hers is a little shorter.

However, I lived much closer to the city, which means house prices were higher and square footage was lower. Now that we live further away from the city, we get more bang for our buck. We've actually got more than a one car garage now! :D

Location, location, location.

My wife and I split the difference between where she lived and where I lived when we got married. My commute is a little longer, hers is a little shorter.

However, I lived much closer to the city, which means house prices were higher and square footage was lower. Now that we live further away from the city, we get more bang for our buck. We've actually got more than a one car garage now! :D

You got it!

And since I work from home, it's not necessary for me to commute anywhere, and thus we can live further out, hence the cheaper home prices. If this home was in Phoenix itself, it would indeed probably be 800k or more, very easily.

Disclaimer: Before someone says, "That must be awesome to work from home!", I'll tell you that having worked at home for the past 12 or so years, it's both a blessing and a curse. It has its positives, but it has a slew of negatives that make it not nearly as appealing as some would think, trust me on that one.

Reactions: KMET and skrelnik
I've had a Graphic Design business for a long time and worked from home for a little over 10 years (aside from the running around visiting clients, printers, etc). I agree, it has blessings and curses. I found myself wanting to be around others more, punch the clock so to speak and get out of the house. Going on 10 years of doing that now and love it. Change.

Man I need to get out of Denver, that house here would be close to a million I bet.

Man I need to get out of Denver, that house here would be close to a million I bet.

If you're willing to live about 45 minutes out from Phoenix, you can get houses like this all day long for around 350k. That's one of the reasons we are moving of course. Well, that and the weather.

If you're willing to live about 45 minutes out from Phoenix, you can get houses like this all day long for around 350k. That's one of the reasons we are moving of course. Well, that and the weather.

We want to add a swimming pool to our house, but it makes more economical sense to buy a house in Arizona with a swimming pool, so messed up.

We want to add a swimming pool to our house, but it makes more economical sense to buy a house in Arizona with a swimming pool, so messed up.

Haha, how often can you use a swimming pool in Connecticut? Not very often I would assume :ROFLMAO:

In Arizona you can use it most of the year, and in the spring / summer you don't even have to heat it.

BTW, this is the new one we are under contract with right now:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1504-W-Birch-Rd-San-Tan-Valley-AZ-85140/119080347_zpid/
Being as though it was built in 2013 and the pool was installed in 2017, I'm thinking this one should check out better with the inspection (which is taking place today).

I really like this one...appears to be in better condition but we'll see what the inspection report uncovers, which by the way was an amazing inspection report. Good company you picked.

I really like this one...appears to be in better condition but we'll see what the inspection report uncovers, which by the way was an amazing inspection report. Good company you picked.

I have my realtor to thank for that inspection company. I told her the same thing, that I was really glad she knows of such an amazing inspection company. Those guys went above and beyond in uncovering all the little stuff.

We actually like this new house better as well. I love the fake grass in the backyard (maintaining real grass is a pain I've learned), and we like the kitchen / layout on this one more than the last one.

This one is also a lot newer, which should hopefully mean less potential issues. The last one was build in 2005, so it was 15 years old, whereas this one is 7 years old.

Reactions: skrelnik