Hypothetical question

I would buy the JKUR and keep my current TJ for serious wheeling. I'm not in the mood to start over on a LJ at the moment and a 4 door would nice when I want to do mild offroading with the wife, kids, dogs, and cooler.

Also, there is around a 10k price difference between the two. So I'm either overpaying for a LJR or paying market / under paying for a JKUR. I'm not a big fan of overpaying.

Reactions: DrDmoney
JKUR. Take the half doors off the wife's JKU and paint match. Mild upgrades and 35" tires. Win-win. We then have the TJ for serious stuff, and a half doored JKUR for the long distance stuff.

Try to find JKU factory half doors, especially uppers.

Last edited:
Never had an Unlimited, so...if I was going to get a longer Jeep with more room, I'd pick the '14 JKUR. Why get a Jeep with more room, but still have the same crappy contortionist way for passengers to climb into the back seat?

Now that’s a good question having had a ljr and multiple tjs and having had a jk I would go ljr for the same reasons as everybody else resale value. I purchased a low mile ljr that had issues like bent axles needed new u joint had 50k miles for 11k fixed it and flipped it for 21k but now if that was a JL I’d go JL for the room and keep my Tj for off road.