I'm Stroking It!

So we were 4 wheelin and Lucky sees a squirrel and bails outa the Jeep and throat punches that sucker!
20170902_150107.jpg
The squirrels brother jumps outa the tree and blindsides Lucky and the 3 go to putting on an MMA show that would make McGreggor proud! Now Im thinking Luckys gonna pull it off in the later rounds but because of Shannons history of Mexican wrestling her insticts kicked in and she was up on the roll bar and launched backward summer saulting while yelling, "HULK SMASH", and skull crushes the brother so hard she breaks the rock ledge and they all fall about twenty feet into the chasm. Shannon had exploded her ankle and Lucky had a mild concussion. I had to winch the Jeep down the chasm, load them up and winch out. Took an hour and ten minutes on class four trails to get them to the highway then the hospital. With a broke tibula and a concussion we came out winners! Squirrels suck!
20170902_192511.jpg

Holy cow... All this mess over squirrels? Sheesh... I'm glad everyone is okay (with the exception of the broken bone). Could have been far worse!

Reactions: Johnie Burns
Ok sorry guys for dropping off the board like that but had a few things happen that Im going to share with you. And it was Jeep related!
20170926_133717.jpg
Dont worry guys its not my leg! Its my Super Hot Girlfriends! (I just cracked myself up and Im so gonna pay for that one!)

Ok so I found Adventure Park Jeep trails the weekend after my last post. My Super Hot Girlfriend and I throw Lucky, (Our bloodthirsty Yorkie Terrier), and our Jeep bag in My Lil Gypsy Ninja Concubine and away we go! Still no suspension upgrade! The stock suspension is so shot its like a cross between riding on slinkies and a mexican low rider bouncing contest. Throw a two lane hilly road, 70 mph, and 18 wheelers in the mix and you have a recipe for maximum butt pucker! We also set a new record, 78 mph on the speedo which is 4.5 mph slower than actual speed! Going topless I couldnt hear the screams coming from Shannon, aka, My Super Hot Girlfriend who I will now refer to as MSHG.

So we pull into the park, I have my halos dancing, MSHG, and Jeep Dog Lucky, Im da man! Of course other views might vary! We go up and pay, get the map of the park and presto, MSHG gets us lost!!! Shes supposed to be the navigator right? You can imagine the sound of rocks grinding metal, branches screeching while Im turning around where I shouldnt, and the ever helpfull screams of MSHG. And no it gets good. We come to the top of a gaint downhill crawl. MSHG says, I want to video this cause Im not riding down this. So she scoops up Lucky in one hand and has her phone in the other..... And Im going to repost my facebook post to describe what happens next. Stay tuned.

Reactions: Chris
Yep Chris it turned out she spiral fractured her Fibula and the bone was gaped. She also tore the tendons and they have a mesh wrap in there as well. 6 weeks no weight on it. We have 4 more to go before Im freed from slavery! Lol. And to boot it all my magic coffee table and magic corner lost their mojo as well. I used to could throw my clothes in the corner and leave all kinda crap on the coffee table and the next morning, behold, it was gone. Now it just keeps stacking up. Man when it rains it pours!

Reactions: metalman and Chris
Ok I looked at fabbing my tablet into the dash and there wasnt any room for a 7 inch tablet. I thought about replacing the instrument cluster but it was to long and squatty. I would have to put two in to make it look good. So as I was trying to figure out how to make it look good I thought, hey they have radios with pop out dvd screens, they should have a pop out android screen as well. So Im searching for pop out android radios and Walaa, theres one for 600 bucks. Lol. A little more searching and I find one for 278 on Amazon. I might want to go that way but need more on the subject. So I search on Youtube to see whos done what and all the sudden that annoying add pops up, want to shop andriod decks, and I hit yes. It sends me to groupon and shows me the 278 buck Pyle deck that was on Amazon for 65 bucks if I buy now. Ok so I have sucker wrote on my forehead. My wishfull thinking and penny pinching kicked in and the button was pushed before I let my brain talk me outa it. Ive made mistakes that cost me alot more than 65 bucks but hey Dont die wondering! Well 3 weeks later I get a package in the mail and there she is. I hook her up to a battery booster and the screen pops out, hooks to my wifi and I download Torque from play store. Im butt happy! No sound but hey when I pop in a dvd it fires right up, big fun! So now it goes in for the final test! You can even g et the pop up screen by car model!
20170924_122711.jpg

20170926_063218.jpg

Reactions: Kathy
My new Pyle android deck has bluetooth and connects to my halo lights. Also runs Torque, it displays everything my ecm has a sensor for and does gps speed and alot more I really recommend it.
20170926_063249.jpg
20170926_063311.jpg

I havent had her out to try this yet but when I do I will post the results! Lmbo.

Reactions: Dave K.
Ok so I ordered a few things from Amazon that has kinda kept me working on modding the Jeep.
Screenshot_2017-09-28-14-40-48.png
Screenshot_2017-09-28-14-40-34.png
I think MSHG is getting a little jealous but shes also being a little trooper even on crutches supporting the build!
20170926_183043.jpg

She crashed in the Jeep while I was installing the rock lights. Decided to take her home and finish later. :) Shes probably a keeper!

So I ordered 50 inch light bar brackets and a 52 inch light bar. A little modding, no problem.
20170924_100931.jpg

A lot more grinding and then some bedliner and she looks factory! I forgot to take a pic I was so happy to get it on and started playing with it. It does all the colored led tricks that the halos do and it is balistic bright what as well! I highly recommend the auxbeam so far!
20170926_063346.jpg

20170924_214637.jpg
20170926_062303.jpg

Reactions: Chris
So in searching for cool switch panels I found the pod systems but they were stupid high priced. Then I found probably a Chinese knock off but in my price range. It also boasts some pretty good specs. I didnt like the 6 rocker panel it came with so for about 40 bucks I bought the 6 rocker marine panel. Cool switch labels, two high powered usb chargers, cigarette lighter, which is good because I had to remove the stock one to fab it in the dash, and a way cooler voltage meter! If you hook the voltage meter light to a dimmer wire under the dash you wont get the way bright meter when you want the dash dimmed! Its nice to have one wire coming through the fire wall instead of routing one everytime you buy something new!
20170923_151135.jpg

The pod was for a 2007 or newer Wrangler, mines a 2000 so to find a place to install it it gave me an excuse to temove the original air box and modify the air breather! I like the looks of it. Lol.
20170923_144301.jpg

Reactions: Kathy and Chris
Ok finally finished wiring the Light bar, rock lights, halo leds, spot lights, bracket bar lights and interior lights to the pod station and swaping out the 6 rocker panel to the marine panel.
20171001_195806.jpg

The rock lights had a lot of excess wiring I wasnt going to try and splice? Has anyone done that yet?
20171001_204022.jpg

Love the features of the panel but the rocker switches themselves are cheap. I pulled the pins outa the back of one trying remove the wiring. Switched it with one from the other pod and emailed customer service, we will see how that goes.
20171001_202905.jpg

20171001_200523.jpg
20171001_222330.jpg