Interesting Jeep Gladiator engineering article

What about Flex-A-Lite? Made right here in Washington. I know they are spendy.

https://www.flex-a-lite.com/radiato...e-radiator-1987-2006-jeep-wrangler-yj-tj.html
Man they have gone up even more in price. It was around $800 for a engine conversion radiator a few years ago.
A replacement radiator for a stock TJ is $1050!!!!

https://www.4wd.com/p/flex-a-lite-extruded-core-radiators/prod2690001
Them folks are my fucking heroes. They came out with an electric fan conversion for the TJ. In short order they found out that if you live where it gets hot, they don't work very well. To solve the problem? Yep, that's right, a high dollar radiator to make their fan work. Just freaking awesome.

Them folks are my fucking heroes. They came out with an electric fan conversion for the TJ. In short order they found out that if you live where it gets hot, they don't work very well. To solve the problem? Yep, that's right, a high dollar radiator to make their fan work. Just freaking awesome.

Damn that ain't right.....
I have one of their Black Magic fans on the brass radiator I had in my TJ after the engine swap. When I started having overheating problems I bought a over priced Ebay aluminum radiator that helped but it is a POS.

I read the article. Am I getting this right - a vehicle that is marginally powered now is being made longer and heavier and advertised to tow 7500+ lbs.....and it’s so close to the brink of failure that tire size was limited to make this work?

Fiat, you are getting like the guy at the gym who takes insane amount of steroids to impress the girls.

Building a vehicle that is off the lot stretching it’s capabilies is not a good formula.

That’s way too much weight for a V6, and it may be too much for the brakes and tranny as well.

“Boys, we are gonna turn this hot selling suv into a truck, even if it kills it to do what we claim”

I love the four door, and I like the gladiator concept....I wish they’d sell it for what it is, not this “greatest vehicle ever/cure for cancer “

It’ s fun to see the concept make it to market....but scary to see it so overhyped.

Reactions: Flivver250