Is there anyway to get a 4.0 to sound good at all?

Dermytermy

I’m a big fan of Jeep 4.0 so I can’t bring myself to change out the engine but a sick sound matters a lot to me I’m not sure why but it just does, I’ve been told that there isn’t a way to get it to sound good but I figure I’d ask you guys instead of just a bunch of locals thanks in advance.

I was surprised how mine sounded a lot better after a local muffler shop installed an inexpensive Thrush brand glasspack muffler. The first Thrush they installed was too loud so they replaced it with the next bigger model Thrush which was just right. That's a big benefit of working with a local independent muffler shop, they'll make it to suit you.

Mine sounds as good (low/deep) as it can and not be too loud or drone. I have a Flowmaster Delta 40, which replaced a Thrush welded muffler that got a little too loud for my taste. Muffler sound is like shock ride and stereo sound quality. Everyone's opinions differ. Unlike tires, where everyone knows Milestar Patagonias are the best. :unsure:

This is my stroker with a cam, 3" exhaust, and super 40 flowmaster muffler. Any one of those things won't get you the same sound. And there's still more to it than that. I'm pushing just under 10:1 compression and played with the fuel at idle to get it just where I wanted it. I enjoy the sound, but it's still no v8 sound.

This is my stroker with a cam, 3" exhaust, and super 40 flowmaster muffler. Any one of those things won't get you the same sound. And there's still more to it than that. I'm pushing just under 10:1 compression and played with the fuel at idle to get it just where I wanted it. I enjoy the sound, but it's still no v8 sound.

That sounds great!

Then you are going to need nitrous. 2 bottles.

tumblr_mcqf2yzWma1rk0bcno1_500.gif

Its an I6 and IMO there isn't, and never will be, such a thing as a good sounding I6. It is what it is and can't be anything different.

Reactions: egclassic
My 2003 with no back cat and a flow master really surprised me…@MikeZ may remember it ….everyone said it sounded good. It did at idle at least.

But a as rule, they typically don’t sound very threatening.