It just happened!

i think I got my answer. I'm pretty sure it will all fit.

EDIT:: I cross referenced all the parts. I'm 100% good to go now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Irun
Stripped down the driver's side to bring the paint back to its shinning self

20230401_141541.jpg

Don't worry. You can still get one of these:
View attachment 412485

Those of us with OLD TJ's don't have this identity crisis. We knew our rigs weren't the average day car. ... Seems more when they started to add these Trail Rated badges that most became mall rated.

Last edited:
I asked ChatGPT about the trail rated badge and here's what it told me:

What model year did Jeep introduce the trail rated badge, and where on the vehicle is the badge located?

Jeep introduced the Trail Rated badge in the 2004 model year. The badge is typically located on the driver's side front fender, just behind the front wheel well, on Trail Rated Jeep models. However, its placement can vary slightly depending on the specific model and generation of the Jeep.

What does the badge signify?

The Trail Rated badge on a Jeep vehicle signifies that it has been tested and proven to meet a certain level of off-road performance. It indicates that the vehicle has successfully passed rigorous tests in five categories:
  1. Traction: The ability to maintain grip on various surfaces like rocks, sand, mud, and snow.
  2. Ground Clearance: The capability to clear obstacles and uneven terrain without damage to the vehicle's underbody.
  3. Maneuverability: The vehicle's agility in navigating tight off-road trails, making sharp turns, and avoiding obstacles.
  4. Articulation: The flexibility of the suspension to keep the wheels on the ground and maintain traction when traversing uneven surfaces or obstacles.
  5. Water Fording: The ability to safely drive through a certain depth of water without causing damage to the vehicle's engine or electrical systems.
Earning a Trail Rated badge means that the Jeep vehicle is capable of handling challenging off-road conditions and has been designed with features that cater to off-road enthusiasts.

Where is the testing conducted?

The testing for the Trail Rated badge is conducted at various locations, including the famous Jeep proving grounds and real-world off-road conditions. One well-known testing location is the Rubicon Trail in the Sierra Nevada Mountains of California, which is considered one of the most challenging off-road trails in the United States. The Rubicon Trail serves as a benchmark for Jeep's off-road capabilities and is part of the reason why the "Rubicon" trim is given to the most off-road-capable models in the Jeep lineup.
In addition to the Rubicon Trail, Jeep conducts tests at other off-road trails and facilities around the world to ensure their Trail Rated vehicles can handle a wide range of terrain and conditions.
What model year did Jeep introduce the trail rated badge, and where on the vehicle is the badge located?

Finally made a bracket for the front license plate.

View attachment 413621

View attachment 413622

I really despise the front license plate requirement in some states, though I do understand it’s purpose.

You’ve done the best that can be done to keep it out of harms way. The visual improvement would be a license plate with a Warn background.

• Haha
Reactions: Irun