It just happened!

Amen. I'm having to really think different with this one. I asked her last knight what she wanted and the answer was simple and straight forward, i.e. "I like it just like it is". 😞

Seems to me that if you're really interested in getting her to enjoy the LJ then I'd just leave it alone for now and get her to drive it as others suggested on some exploring trips. Nothing hard even just forest service type roads at first. Then as if she starts to want harder stuff she might recognize the WHY of some mods you're suggesting.

Give it time.

Seems to me that if you're really interested in getting her to enjoy the LJ then I'd just leave it alone for now and get her to drive it as others suggested on some exploring trips.
We talked it over last night and I got my marching orders. As of now, I will be doing no exterior modifications. The only thing still up for negotiation is the bumpers. Although I'm not a fan, these things are apparently very desired and hard to come by. I explained the value to her and that removing them would be smart. She hasn't conceded yet, but discussion is still progress.

Other than that, I'll be going through all the mechanicals. Plans and parts thus far in hand are:

- Entire new cooling system, including a Mopar radiator and waterpump
- New RMS and oil pump
- New timing chain set
- All new gaskets
- Transmission cooler and temperature gauge
- New u-joints
- New battery terminal ends
- Rear 4340 axle shafts

No parts in hand now, but also on the list are brakes and steering upgrades. More to come here, as things unfold!

We talked it over last night and I got my marching orders. As of now, I will be doing no exterior modifications. The only thing still up for negotiation is the bumpers. Although I'm not a fan, these things are apparently very desired and hard to come by. I explained the value to her and that removing them would be smart. She hasn't conceded yet, but discussion is still progress.

Other than that, I'll be going through all the mechanicals. Plans and parts thus far in hand are:

- New RMS and oil pump
- New timing chain set
- All new gaskets
- New u-joints
- Rear 4340 axle shafts

No parts in hand now, but also on the list are brakes and steering upgrades. More to come here, as things unfold!
It’s not sexy, but I agree to the maintenance-centric focus of the “build” if you want to keep her happy.

Reactions: Irun and Wildman
Got to LOVE :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: the Secret Squirrel shit... But I'm black listed so of course I'd not know.
I don't think it would be blaine...He's pretty adamant that rock sliders are rock sliders and not steps...

But, who knows with that guy...he's brilliant and always thinking. Maybe he has an Idea...

Reactions: Irun and Wildman
How do those steps work in the rocks? I've looked at them a couple times, but for what they charge...I'd be afraid to really use em!
They sell a 3/16" steel skid plate for the step slider. Having said that I think these are intended for mild to moderate trail use and not rock bouncer type drivers.

- New RMS and oil pump
- New timing chain set
- All new gaskets
- New u-joints
- Rear 4340 axle shafts

What are you planning for the terminal ends? Mine are shot but I'd rather not pony up for a new set of cables

Reactions: Irun
What are you planning for the terminal ends? Mine are shot but I'd rather not pony up for a new set of cables
The last three sets have been these. I used to solder them, but have since been enlightened. Now, they get crimped on.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08K2MH6C3/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Here's the last one, on my TJ. Not my best work, but not bad either.

20210526_183457-jpg.jpg

- New RMS and oil pump
- New timing chain set
- All new gaskets
- New u-joints
- Rear 4340 axle shafts

Apparently I somehow picked the right combo of parts that appealed to your wife's tastes lol. Tell her to stay strong on those bumpers :)

Apparently I somehow picked the right combo of parts that appealed to your wife's tastes lol. Tell her to stay strong on those bumpers :)
Two things:

First, when I purchased the Jeep I thought it was for me. Now, the joke is on me. Serves me right for not telling the wife! :rolleyes:

Second, what the hell did you get me into with these bumpers? Now, because of you, I'm a member of a cult! :devilish:

;)

Interesting challenge getting wives involved. I have been telling my wife for a few months, I'm going to buy a JLU. She was super resistant at first, but she loves to hike, camp and explore. So, that is my sales pitch - lets make some Griswald like road trips before our girls move out (16 and 14) and go to places like Jasper, Moab, national parks and do some exploring. I think I am winning the battle.

Can you just get a grip @Irun, stopping being such a 21st Century gent. Just 'man up' and tell your wife that there are a bunch of chaps on a forum waiting for another sexy build thread. They are faceless keyboard warriors, most of them you will never meet in real life, but nonetheless their needs come before what your wife might want!

But seriously, sounds like you are doing the right thing...

...for now 😉

Can you just get a grip @Irun, stopping being such a 21st Century gent. Just 'man up' and tell your wife that there are a bunch of chaps on a forum waiting for another sexy build thread. They are faceless keyboard warriors, most of them you will never meet in real life, but nonetheless their needs come before what your wife might want!

But seriously, sounds like you are doing the right thing...

...for now 😉
I know my place. That said, there is a Rubicrawler and body armor coming to the TJ. I'll put my energy there, while keeping the marriage in tact. As was said, "so let it be written, so let it be done". :whistle:

Staying strong here. In spite of the fact that I have a 241 and a built 231 case, with JB Conversion SYE, I ordered parts to rebuild the stock driveshafts. Damn it, this is going to be harder than I thought! :cautious:

https://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/p2..._for_jeep_with_oem_1310_series_non_greas.html
https://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/p4...non_greaseable_universal_joint_1310_seri.html
Stay strong!!!! I might be needing the 231 or the 241, you really need to focus on making the wife happy!!!!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: