It just happened!

Do the brakes and get her to join you. @Mike_H really nailed it, drive well and reliable. If she's into it you win, if she's not you haven't compromised on the build for no reason and you win. If she really gets into it all those things you did to the TJ will become obvious, you wont have to sell any of it to her.

but you can get an inexpensive Barnes steel skid to clean up the look without going nuts.
I was thinking it but glad you said it. No body lift and it looks allot better than stock. I have a feeling @Irun would be up late at night thinking about how damn heavy it is.

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman and Irun
Why do you need a tummy tuck if it's her vehicle to drive around? I know them factory skids are ugly, but you can get an inexpensive Barnes steel skid to clean up the look without going nuts.
Did you miss the part about me being old? :)

My days of juggling a steel skid with one hand an knee are over!
I also will interject about the locking hubs. If you want to make it easy for her to use, leave the factory unit bearings in. Then you can keep the wheels original.
She is pretty adamant about the wheels and it is hard to argue about the reliability of the stock unit bearings!

Do the brakes and get her to join you. @Mike_H really nailed it, drive well and reliable. If she's into it you win, if she's not you haven't compromised on the build for no reason and you win. If she really gets into it all those things you did to the TJ will become obvious, you wont have to sell any of it to her.

I was thinking it but glad you said it. No body lift and it looks allot better than stock. I have a feeling @Irun would be up late at night thinking about how damn heavy it is.
Avoid the weight and go no BL UCF aluminum…

https://undercoverfab.com/no-body-l...ter/72-locker_pump_mount-no_locker_pump_mount

This is an adjustment for us both! ;)

Reactions: Wildman
This is rapidly becoming very clear! (y)

Its hard. You know what make a TJ really perform offroad. From her use case though, she won't even come close to the stock capabilities, let alone what we can build them into. Ease into it. Good brakes, good steering. Make her feel confident behind the wheel. Keep it easy to get in and out of. Take her on a couple two track, exploring days. Maybe go to that old mine town in Pennsylvania where the ground sometimes catches on fire? Push a little here and there. She'll get it or not.

Fingers crossed for ya, Bud!

The problem here is the stupid deep rocker on the TJ. At 5'3", adding another 1.25" will be noticed. It currently has BDS 2" springs, so if I can figure out a way around that, I'm good!
Her single biggest complaint is getting in and out. I need to not lose sight of this, or it will be a very short journey! (y)
LJ-STEPS-SILVER-2.png

p.s. I saw your just sold LJ yesterday. Very clean!

How do those steps work in the rocks? I've looked at them a couple times, but for what they charge...I'd be afraid to really use em!

A buddy had them on his LJ and they seemed to hold up OK in the rocks but he wasn't a HUGE rock crawler type of guy. I was also always worried that he'd damage them and for what they cost.... That would suck.

View attachment 286325

p.s. I saw your just sold LJ yesterday. Very clean!
If I lived in a dry climate this would be a potential solution. However, in the orange clay area I travel in, I could see this getting packed with it. :(

That said, absolutely love the clean look here. Beautiful! 😍