It just happened!

I have this same head unit. This is one of Alpine’s premier units and to be honest I’m not that fond of it.

My biggest complaint is the touch screen volume controls, which can be a challenge to operate while driving. Coupled with a sub and good speakers, I have no complaints on the sound.

I have this same head unit. This is one of Alpine’s premier units and to be honest I’m not that fond of it.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...nit-and-alpine-ktp-445u-power-pack-amp.72595/

Oh, look what I found! 😆

Seriously though, after taking a chance on a Chinese Android unit, I'm never looking back. I'll always recommend them from here on out. What the "name brands" charge for the hardware you get is highway robbery. I have different kinds in both my wife's van and now the Jeep.

And Rich, remind me to show you my touchless hand gesture control for my new head unit which also have physical clicky volume buttons.

Reactions: Wildman and Irun
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...nit-and-alpine-ktp-445u-power-pack-amp.72595/

Oh, look what I found! 😆

Seriously though, after taking a chance on a Chinese Android unit, I'm never looking back. I'll always recommend them from here on out. What the "name brands" charge for the hardware you get is highway robbery. I have different kinds in both my wife's van and now the Jeep.

And Rich, remind me to show you my touchless hand gesture control for my new head unit which also have physical clicky volume buttons.

You know where I am. Swing by anytime!

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
Agreed, I personally think it looks perfect as is especially with Shale Green! But I have a thing for stockish LJ's with small lifts and 31s/32s.

Looking forward to your build Irun!!

One of the things I love about this Jeep is the ride. It reminds me of an old luxury car, very smooth and soft. Unlike my TJ, which has a firm and sporty ride. A couple hours in it and I'm tired. Not the case with the LJ!

One of the things I love about this Jeep is the ride. It reminds me of an old luxury car, very smooth and soft. Unlike my TJ, which has a firm and sporty ride. A couple hours in it and I'm tired. Not the case with the LJ!

A hardtop LJ with auto I feel like is the best combo for ride comfort even with higher lift/tire sizes. Like Meangreen said, the perfect daily. 😎

Reactions: Irun
Got tired of the dark backseat, so I added these to the speaker pods. The installation was easy, making use of the existing overhead light wiring. The lights are switched and swivel 120 degrees.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0051BSFY6?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image
20230820_120325.jpg

20230820_124310.jpg

20230820_125045.jpg

20230820_125053.jpg

20230820_125125.jpg

Noticed a very slight shimmy when hitting a bump at speed. Checked the front end and found a blown steering damper. Fortunately, a buddy gave me one just a couple weeks ago, so on it went.

20230826_154429.jpg

It's very frustrating when you buy something, then can't find it. I bought a pack of 5/16-18 Time-Serts when I did the TJ Savvy front bumper. I'm starting to check all the parts I need for installing one on the LJ and guess what? Yep, can't find the Time-Serts. More are on the way, but that doesn't negate the fact that I'm an idiot! 😒

• Haha
Reactions: Irun
It's very frustrating when you buy something, then can't find it. I bought a pack of 5/16-18 Time-Serts when I did the TJ Savvy front bumper. I'm starting to check all the parts I need for installing one on the LJ and guess what? Yep, can't find the Time-Serts. More are on the way, but that doesn't negate the fact that I'm an idiot! 😒

Install the new ones. You will immediately find the old ones right after. Works every time 😆