James & The Sahara Build Thread

Can't even see where you touched it up. I especially liked the 50 ear plugs. You could shoot for a decade without harming your ears with that many. :)

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
This thread is like a Netflix season series...you can't stop watching it! :eeeeek:
Can't even see where you touched it up. I especially liked the 50 ear plugs. You could shoot for a decade without harming your ears with that many. :)
I actually gave a bunch away. When I’m shooting I like have big old headphones on my head.

Reactions: JMT
Bit late now, but when you put the tarp on you could of ran the motor for a bit and had the heater on full. Would of set off the cure process a lot quicker.

Currently idling the Jeep with the heat on (Like usual should have filled the Jeep up before the project, oh well). Lucky for me two birds pooped in the Jeep while the tarp was off yesterday and didn’t see it till this morning. It cleaned off of the bedliner fairly well, so its definitely hardening up. Tomorrow is the last day it will fully cure then reinstalling everything. Hoping I don’t tear it up too had getting the roll cage back in because its a PITA. :)

86C5BF1D-EC80-49D1-B500-D37FC923869F.jpeg
F7299456-EB94-4804-9E17-D1A116D7E5C0.jpeg
46E6DFCC-9522-4C84-B29E-E73138592518.jpeg

Its been a week since the last update so I wanted to key you guys into whats going on. Got the Cobra 75 all wired up and connected to the Magnetic Mic & go figure it didn't work on the magnet. The logic/soundboard/something in the radio had significant interference when touching the magnet and really wanted to keep the mic mount. Sent the cobra back and going with the uniden 520xl and quadratec mount. I was going to go with a nicer CB but after talking to a couple members of the forum, it really is about time to look into getting the HAM license. I'll research into the examination process a little bit more, but if I need to spend any money on a radio, nice HAM's certainly aren't cheap. I talked extensively with JMT about doing a dual single din and HAM radio mount, and I fully intend to go this way. Radio wise I'm looking at getting the Clarion M508 but need to figure out some creative solution to prevent theft of the unit.

I started to replace my steering wheel with the one I got from dead jeep and realized something halfway through:

IMG_3206.JPG

So getting the proper one sent out to me Tuesday, so going to knock that out before leaving Auburn for Spring Break.

I also wheeled the crap outta the Jeep after a storm this week. Bedliner is holding up great and ordered some simple replacement parts from quadratec and amazon (Stuff like boots/door handles ect). I need to find a halfway decent manual transmission shifter boot. I am reluctant to buy the one from Redline for $49 + shipping but may break down and have to get it. If someone custom made some on the forum though, I'd love to buy one ;).

IMG_3251.JPG

Its been a week since the last update so I wanted to key you guys into whats going on. Got the Cobra 75 all wired up and connected to the Magnetic Mic & go figure it didn't work on the magnet. The logic/soundboard/something in the radio had significant interference when touching the magnet and really wanted to keep the mic mount. Sent the cobra back and going with the uniden 520xl and quadratec mount. I was going to go with a nicer CB but after talking to a couple members of the forum, it really is about time to look into getting the HAM license. I'll research into the examination process a little bit more, but if I need to spend any money on a radio, nice HAM's certainly aren't cheap. I talked extensively with JMT about doing a dual single din and HAM radio mount, and I fully intend to go this way. Radio wise I'm looking at getting the Clarion M508 but need to figure out some creative solution to prevent theft of the unit.

I started to replace my steering wheel with the one I got from dead jeep and realized something halfway through:

View attachment 34514

So getting the proper one sent out to me Tuesday, so going to knock that out before leaving Auburn for Spring Break.

I also wheeled the crap outta the Jeep after a storm this week. Bedliner is holding up great and ordered some simple replacement parts from quadratec and amazon (Stuff like boots/door handles ect). I need to find a halfway decent manual transmission shifter boot. I am reluctant to buy the one from Redline for $49 + shipping but may break down and have to get it. If someone custom made some on the forum though, I'd love to buy one ;).

View attachment 34515
M508 FTW hell yea.

I also wheeled the crap outta the Jeep after a storm this week. Bedliner is holding up great and ordered some simple replacement parts . I need to find a halfway decent manual transmission shifter boot. I am reluctant to buy the one from Redline for $49 + shipping but may break down and have to get it. If someone custom made some on the forum though, I'd love to buy one ;).

@Tj04 fabbed a shifter boot last year. His write up is somewhere on the forum. Looked nice. It was the type like the 03-06 models