James & The Sahara Build Thread

You wouldn't want to of done that anyway. That stuff needs to gas out. Putting the hard top and doors on wouldn't allow enough air flow for it to cure properly. Get that tarp off as soon as you can.
The tarp doesn't full seat it from gassing out although, as the tailgate isn’t closed and the fumes can exit (not air tight by any means). This is the weather this week, my question JB is do I need to remove it tomorrow to let it gas out in the sun or just keep it covered from the elements?

F4FF98EC-1C0E-4F27-8441-7169CB7AB0AE.png

:(
Can those areas be re-sprayed?
No more product, I had already activated the last can and tossed it because the shelf life was next to nothing when I was done. Considering using VHT paint to “topcoat” those spots. I dried those spots and going to look at it again in an hour or two to see how it looks. Not 100% sure what to do here, going to have the same problem tomorrow & thursday as well.

Bummer man...That SUCKS
Didn’t even rain last night, would have done the same thing in the summer just because of the temperature changes between night and day. I have to cut my losses some where because there isn’t anything I can do to avoid condensation without a garage/storage facility. I have hit the point of no return and must push forward.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Wow! 6 hours of prep and paint! Here are the goods:
Dude, you are so hardcore. It's just amazing how you tackle these projects and go to school at the same time, and obviously a pretty smart guy. I sometimes wish I had all the energy and motivation I had back when I was in the university. LOL. It looks good. Prep looks good, the white primer makes it look like it's coming off the assembly line. The bedliner looks awesome too. Nice work. You're going to have a brand new Jeep shortly!

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
Dude, you are so hardcore. It's just amazing how you tackle these projects and go to school at the same time, and obviously a pretty smart guy. I sometimes wish I had all the energy and motivation I had back when I was in the university. LOL. It looks good. Prep looks good, the white primer makes it look like it's coming off the assembly line. The bedliner looks awesome too. Nice work. You're going to have a brand new Jeep shortly!
I appreciate it @JMT ! With morning classes only this semester it frees up some of my afternoon’s to get stuff like this done. Fingers crossed all of it holds up.

Ah dang, now I got the part in the novel where the condensation left its mark. Man, I'm sorry about that. That's frustrating. Arghhhh

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
I appreciate it @JMT ! With morning classes only this semester it frees up some of my afternoon’s to get stuff like this done. Fingers crossed all of it holds up.
I remember some of those afternoons. Early on I didn't study too hard, just enough to get by, which was hardly anything. I don't even think I went to class on Fridays. LOL. After awhile I figured out I better get on my game. Then the only classes I skipped were those where I couldn't understand the Chinese professor anyway. But I read the books and studied hard. Paid off! Got my GPA up. Went to Summer school so I could avoid the 6 year bachelor plan. LOL. Wish I had a Jeep then, but it would have killed my study habits. One of my good friends had a desert tan TJ, we'd go on crash day-trips to the nearest ski resort (3 1/2 hours), board for the day and return that evening. Talk about exhausting! But we were young and poor and full of energy. Now I'm just happy to get up in the morning and get out the door...

Once that stuff fully cures, get a spray can of Duplicolor Truckbed coating and touch up those white spots. It won't look fabulous, but it'll look better and protect the bare spots. I like the look of the Bedrug carpet personally. Keep fighting the good fight brah!

Once that stuff fully cures, get a spray can of Duplicolor Truckbed coating and touch up those white spots. It won't look fabulous, but it'll look better and protect the bare spots. I like the look of the Bedrug carpet personally. Keep fighting the good fight brah!
I actually took up the reccomendation of my peer to touch it up with some VHT paint. It went on easy and appears to be drying ok. I’ll let you know if it holds up, if not red scotchbrite and can of truckbed it is!

17A89B87-C782-4833-93FB-83A546E0C395.jpeg
72A4E7CA-A1CC-48A5-AC18-5E28FA679309.jpeg
9193E285-54CA-44FF-B638-89CC87408406.jpeg
6013F9E7-CE9E-4ADD-BED7-C0A0D2537F76.jpeg
40993CDC-79CE-4809-97E6-F334B86DF7E5.jpeg
F9BD6DCA-541D-434D-8341-A6D5AB47088B.jpeg
B413718D-6B75-43CD-ACFE-1B57D9DC3F92.jpeg

We’ll see how it goes I guess.