Jeep 4.0 Camshaft Suggestions

33's and a manual transmission needs 4.56 gears on a 4.0. A stroker can do 4.10s but your crawl ratio is going to suck and you'll be working the clutch a bunch off road still.

The only way to significantly bump compression is aftermarket pistons i.e. complete engine build and the whole can of worms that comes with it. Trust us, you want to regear, not mess around with minor engine mods that would barely be noticable.

Reactions: Rickyd and SvtLdr
I'm listening but I'm also an over thinker, so please bare with me. After a motocross accident last year, my left him puts me in a bad mood, in traffic. I live in SW Florida, at sea level. Zero hills or elevation changes until I'm half way to Georgia. Went with the 33x10.50s BFGs because the extra sidewall at 24-26 psi, helps with the highway ride but when off road, will cut through the top layer of mud, down to where I can get traction and they handle better in the rain, than wider tires, at my weight.
Gear recommendations?
That being said, feelings about a heavier flywheel?

Sounds like you'd be happier with an automatic. They're better for crawling, too.

Sounds like you'd be happier with an automatic. They're better for crawling, too.

I've thought about that but the only bolt in option would be the 42re but I'd need a new PCM and transmission control module. Personally I'm a fan of the 700R4 but don't have the facilities to fab mounts nor have I found a way for interior to look stock-ish.

I have a mud buggy! The LJ is my DD that tows a dirtbike around SW Florida, on the weekends and the occasional trail ride. There's no hills or elevation changes that aren't 4 hours North. I'm just trying to get the clutch a little more user friendly, in stop and go traffic, due to a bad hip. I thought there might be a cam out there that would move the power band down in the RPMS, I was wrong. So my next mod will be gears! Would appreciate input on the Centerforce Heavy Flywheel behind a stock 4.0.

Reactions: SkylinesSuck