JKR advice wanted

Man , first of all, take that trip. Nice country .

Second , for the money , buy that JKR , it will be nice on the road , then sell it later if you don't mesh with it .

On the hate /jk vs tj debate-

Before most of us were TJ lovers , we were Jeep lovers .

I drove a JKU ,and my first thought was " my wife would like this " and second was ,wow, you could sleep back there..."

What do I not like ? In the big scheme , I dont like the electronics, the angled side door , and I'd love to see a meatier engine and a little more of the original "no frills" jeep design the tj still retains.

I like that a guy can lay out 10-15k and get a solid , reliable , fun TJ , and if he likes to wrench and mess with things , he's in business .

It is wild that the JK landed jeep a different clientele, and don't kid yourself ...they certainly have .

When I see a TJ guy I wave , talk , etc.

Jk/jl? It's more like.... " Pardon me sir , have you got any grey poupon?"

Reactions: StG58
Alrighty then...

My accountant (spousal unit) and I thrashed this one out when we were out snow wheeling. The JKR is off the table, and building her JKU Sport is on the menu.

Thanks for the input folks! Saved me a grip o' cash and some parking space.

Now to find a worthy front JK axle...
I'm just now catching up.

We might not want the new JK either , but your wife sounds like a keeper.

I love the fact that my TJ is a stick, so much fun to drive, my cruise control works and I use it all the time on the interstate, so I can relax when cruising. (stick means 5 speed manual for any millennials here:) )

Odd, mine is a 6 speed manual. ;)

I'm a 2 door JK/JL admirer, but the Ursa top would tempt me to go 4 door.

1000x500-jtree-j30-white.jpg

Reactions: Squatch
Ever shoot it? A good Mauser action is amazing. US 8mm is way under powered though. About like a hot 30-30. The European 8mm is nice. Right up there with good quality 30-06 for power and accuracy. The true Mauser actions with the guide rib on the bolt are smooth and fast.

Off topic eye candy:
View attachment 69424
View attachment 69425
Yes, I've shot my 8 mm Mauser for many years, it was my main hunting rifle for a very very long time. Yes, the Mauser action is very smooth. I've taken alot of game with it. Blacktail Deer, pigs and bear. My wife shot her first buck with it.