JKR advice wanted

Actually it doesn’t seem like it, but there really is more room in the cabin. Back feels roomier also. Not a huge difference but it’s noticebale for sure
There's definitely more room behind the rear seat. That's the biggest thing I miss from my JKR.

Reactions: Starrs
JKR, not JKUR, right?
JKR. That brings up a good point though that I'd like to discuss in a moment...
Jk half doors are as rare as hen's teeth, good find.
Yes, they are. For some stupid reason half doors are mandatory to me. Even though JK(U) upper halves tend to leak like sieves and I live in rain country.

Now about those Unlimiteds. I think I know what the additional wheelbase gets you, but what are the pluses and minuses of the JK vs. JKU? Off road. Say class 5+ terrain? The wife has been making noises about building her 2012 JKU, and that could be an option as well. We have my TJ SE for the tight stuff around here. Places her JKU can't go.

The wider stance helps with the ride too. Not as rugged looking as the tj, but ride comfort was gained from the bodystyle change. The JL rides even better than the JK
We've had the JKU on several long road trips. Works great except for me and the passenger front seat. That kills my back after awhile.

Wife's JKU.
20170623_140321.jpg

She's been making noises about "upgrading" this.

Lift, armor, bigger wheels / tires, etc. It's on 33's right now but otherwise stock. Automagic transmission and a crap (weak for a JKU) front axle. On the other hand, it runs and drive great and has extremely low miles.

My buddy in the white JKU had a little issue trying his line on Hell's Revenge. In his defense, I think his front locker was acting up at the most inopportune time.

Sorry about the wind noise.

Reactions: StG58
Thanks for that @bobthetj03, and no issues on the wind noise.

It looked like he was on at least 35's. Maybe 37's? Was that a Rubi with factory lockers or something else. Other than traction, looks like he did OK.

Rubi on 35's, 2.5" lift I think. Had he went a little more to the left and his front locker working he should have made it unassisted.

Alrighty then...

My accountant (spousal unit) and I thrashed this one out when we were out snow wheeling. The JKR is off the table, and building her JKU Sport is on the menu.

Thanks for the input folks! Saved me a grip o' cash and some parking space.

Now to find a worthy front JK axle...

But after dropping 2,500 to build a 6.5 creadmore ar-10 she was a little bit pissed. (That included the scope and trigger.)
View attachment 69327

I had a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor version.

I had to sell it due to the cost of ammo. It was either that or the Jeep... Can't have this many expensive hobbies!

Got the firearms lecture as well. I'm a sucker for Mausers. FN's, Mauser Banners, Zastavas, Husqvarna's...especially the big bores.

We will be, ahem, focusing on JKU and TJ parts for the forseable future...