Just got this ARB deflator

I've found that between the coyotes or valve core deflator they're about the same amount of time. Slower, but doing all 4 simultaneously.
That’s a valid point for sure. When I air back up all bent over kneeled down. My bones creak when I get up. 😂

I carry both that ARB and a set of Stauns - which are similar to the Coyotes I believe. I mainly use the Stauns, because I can stick them on all four wheels and walk away to do other things. If memory serves it takes 10-15 minutes to take my 40's from 25 to 9. I've spent a bunch of time calibrating the Stauns, and they come out within less than a half pound across all four tires. I have them set to 9 psi, which for me is a good starting point. I air down lower manually as needed with my Powertank digital inflator - which is crazy accurate. I have found that the key to accuracy with the Stauns is keeping them clean and lubed (I use silicon spray).

The ARB is much, much faster, but as noted it's pretty much hands on. I do use it when I have to air down a tire quickly - for instance when I swap to the spare. It is very accurate down low. I would hate to use the Stauns if I was having to wait for it to finish.

All that having been said, the fastest deflator I've ever used is the Powertank Monster Valve. Those would deflate the 40's in about 15 seconds iirc. They were also much faster for inflation as well.

I ran coyotes but I find I always use my ARB (though mine is Currie branded). I typically air down to 6-8psi and I found the coyotes sometimes would stop higher than that. I'd adjust them but they never really worked well.

For a while I'd put in 3 coyotes at 12 psi and use the ARB to get them the last bit but yeah I don't mind the ARB but you do need to watch them because you can go to 0psi quick if you aren't watching.

Reactions: CptnMurica
Order direct from Coyote Enterprises and they will set them to your desired PSI.

X2.

@CptnMurica I bought mine off of Ebay. They do not come preset.

I keep meaning to try to calibrate them again to see if that'll fix it or not.

Hahaha. I think of that each time I use them. Then promptly forget.

Reactions: CptnMurica
I carry both that ARB and a set of Stauns - which are similar to the Coyotes I believe. I mainly use the Stauns, because I can stick them on all four wheels and walk away to do other things. If memory serves it takes 10-15 minutes to take my 40's from 25 to 9. I've spent a bunch of time calibrating the Stauns, and they come out within less than a half pound across all four tires. I have them set to 9 psi, which for me is a good starting point. I air down lower manually as needed with my Powertank digital inflator - which is crazy accurate. I have found that the key to accuracy with the Stauns is keeping them clean and lubed (I use silicon spray).

The ARB is much, much faster, but as noted it's pretty much hands on. I do use it when I have to air down a tire quickly - for instance when I swap to the spare. It is very accurate down low. I would hate to use the Stauns if I was having to wait for it to finish.

All that having been said, the fastest deflator I've ever used is the Powertank Monster Valve. Those would deflate the 40's in about 15 seconds iirc. They were also much faster for inflation as well.
That’s some good info and it sounds like you have that down to a science.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
Just tried it out works great. It popped back when I disengaged the stem. Seemed a bit slow. Maybe I needed to disengage the stem a bit more. I’ll have to keep at it. Really nice

It can be complicated since such deflators have always given inconsistent air pressures in the tires in my experience. Despite even having given my set of Coyotes to their rep at a 4x4 show to set to 8 psi using his fancy equipment. They might have been even worse after he finished. That's why I went back to the Currie aka ARB deflator. More work for sure but it gives me consistent results.

I have had my Currie deflator for close to 20 years, it has served me well. I have no way of keeping count of the people that have used it on the trail.

Reactions: L J
20220315_212550.jpg

LITERALLY, the first accessory we purchased for the Jeep.

ARB is a nearly perfect tool, VERY easy to set the exact pressure. But it does take 1-2 min per tire.

DO NOT!~ Get cheap screw-on deflators, they are nearly useless.

Even with a good set like the Coyote, you will still spend 6 minutes deflating all 4 tires. But you can screw them on and wait or drive. The ARB style requires you to squat at each tire.

Both is the correct answer.

Reactions: Zorba and L J