Korra, a daily driven and trail ready Sahara

Awesome Jeep you picked up and great build so far! I'm interested to see where this build goes. Looks like you're having fun with it!

Reactions: Justin Homan
So this week I decided to start making the Jeep better too drive for long distances, so i ordered a Bedrug front floor kit. Its supposed to be waterproof and help with sound and heat insulation. Here is what the interior looked like before.
before carpet.jpg

Installing the carpet went very quick and was super easy, in about 30 minutes i had carpet back in my Jeep and the grey actually goes fairly well with my tan interior. The cuts are fairly accurate but not perfect as i had to make relief cuts in a few spots around the seats but all in it seems to have very good quality.
bedrug f1.jpg

bedrug f2.jpg
bedrug f3.jpg

So far im happy with the Bedrug, from what little ive driven it has made a great difference in noise insulation and helps make the Jeep feel more like a finished vehicle rather that a half finished project.

Man I love the looks of that stuff. What are your plans for the rear? Bed liner?
Im not 100% sure what im gonna do to the rear yet. I was originally going to bedline the whole tub but after i found the Bedrug i wanted to give that a try. Depending on how i like it i may do the rear Bedrug kit.

Reactions: ranger101
Over the last week ive had the chance to really test the front Bedrug carpet and i loved it. I never realised how much aoind deadening the carpet really gave you. Since i liked the front so much i ordered up the rear. Heres a before pi
DC40B84B-CB1A-499D-9396-B7F1079AC1AB.jpeg

The install took me about a half hour to finish and oh man does it make the Jeep look good.
81F0A897-6101-4C52-BA7E-65C6EF3D873E.jpeg

The tailgate was easily the most difficult part of this project as i had to make holes in the rug for the bolts that hold the latch cover on. Overall it was a very simple project.
A0AF1B40-9695-4125-8680-E9AE9AB63D41.jpeg

The tailgate piece really helps give the Jeep a more finished look and will hopefully help mask the rattles of my tire carrier down rough roads. So far i love the bedrug, i havent taken a long drive with it yet so i cant speak on its heat insulation abilities but i can confidently say it greatly helps with the noise.

That Bed Rug truly finishes off the interior nicely! You could test it out on a nice road trip north for our Xmas tree run up the Mendocino National Forest. Bout a 3 hr. drive for you.

Reactions: Justin Homan
That Bed Rug truly finishes off the interior nicely! You could test it out on a nice road trip north for our Xmas tree run up the Mendocino National Forest. Bout a 3 hr. drive for you.
Thanks and I just might have to do that! When is it?

Today i took on another project ive wanted to do for quite a while now, i swapped my hardtop for a Bestop sailcloth spice soft top.
9EBBAB08-C19A-4F11-A4C6-26C88F60D3A3.jpeg

The hardtop came with the Jeep when i got it, ive never been much of a fan of it though as it takes multiple people to remove it. A while back i bought a cheap used soft top and liked the usability of it but not the color (black) or how loud it flapped. After a recent trip to try out the Sourgrass trail I decided i wanted to do something thats quieter and looks better than that top but not as creaky as the hardtop offroad.
6FBE71CC-EA49-42CB-9949-7CF260A02473.jpeg

So far im loving this top, the sailcloth is much quieter than the old soft top and i can have a conversation at normal volume at 70mph where the tires make more noise than the top! In a couple weeks ill be taking it off the beaten path and id bet itll be less noisy than the hardtop out there.

For a long time ive wanted to try out a Currie antirock sway bar and with it bieng on sale for $364 on ebay i had to give it a shot.
9F3D2A0D-688F-48E1-ACB8-AF05A793ECE0.jpeg

First step of the install was these little bushings. They went in fairly easy with the help of a bfh and some wood. Also they fit perfectly in my Motobilt stubby bumper. The next step was to tap the sway bar into place which was easily the longest part of the install.
C581C378-2B1D-49DF-B364-89218AF8CFFA.jpeg

The rest went smooth as butter and within and hour from the start i was done. I set the links to 10 1/2 inches as its just about parallel to the frame and set it at the second softest setting. Theres noticeably more body roll than before but nothing crazy. Cant wait to see how she does flexed out now.
A3C16B85-F072-40B2-B998-FB69AA3F76E5.jpeg

Heres a better pic now that its light out and that Antirock really does look pretty baller.

Last edited: