Let's see your front bumpers!

@Squatch, is that what I think it is?
@Squatch

I know it's kind of an old post and probably doesn't matter but thought I'd share with you two. I am currently in the market for a front bumper to flat tow with D rings and someone mentioned the Currie tow mounts. So I called Currie, spoke to Travis and asked about using it with a Savvy bumper and how many holes have to be drilled. I described my bumper I have and that it appeared to be a home made Currie that I bought it from a guy on CL in Corona. He said was it a Yellow LJ? I said yeah, how'd you know? He said "that's my nephews LJ. I personally took it off myself from Ray Currie's Jeep when it was smokey grey since they were gonna trash it and put it on my nephews LJ. It is a limited Currie bumper."
I was blown away since I just called about those tow mounts lol. Funny enough, Ray Currie swapped it for a Savvy bumper too. But even funnier and a small world because it is a Currie bumper.

It's a piece of Jeep history!
I know, now I feel a little torn about swapping it for a Savvy lol. By the way, I'm running 35x12.5x15 Cooper STT Maxx now and they feel way better than the GY Kevlars on road. They also did great in the snow and I'm gonna test them on the Mojave Trail next month for a few days.

Reactions: Squatch
@Squatch

I know it's kind of an old post and probably doesn't matter but thought I'd share with you two. I am currently in the market for a front bumper to flat tow with D rings and someone mentioned the Currie tow mounts. So I called Currie, spoke to Travis and asked about using it with a Savvy bumper and how many holes have to be drilled. I described my bumper I have and that it appeared to be a home made Currie that I bought it from a guy on CL in Corona. He said was it a Yellow LJ? I said yeah, how'd you know? He said "that's my nephews LJ. I personally took it off myself from Ray Currie's Jeep when it was smokey grey since they were gonna trash it and put it on my nephews LJ. It is a limited Currie bumper."
I was blown away since I just called about those tow mounts lol. Funny enough, Ray Currie swapped it for a Savvy bumper too. But even funnier and a small world because it is a Currie bumper.
So, is this the Currie V-bumper, @Jaime313 ? Got a picture of it? I will never stop being interested in the V-bumper. Just saying! ;)

Last edited:
So, is this the Currie V-bumper, @Jaime313 ? Got a picture of it? I will never stop being interested in the V-bumper. Just saying! ;)
This is the LJ I bought it from
IMG_7405.jpg

And now it's on mine

IMG_7200.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaime313
Whats up with all the tape?
Ha, ha, ha. The back plastic had literally exploded and that's Gorilla tape holding the pieces together.
As you can see now, I did buy 3 replacement widows from a forum member and replaced them. I'll be replacing the whole top this summer with a twill though.

Reactions: TJTJ04