Lower spring perch trimming

So it will never pop off at full flex?...

Can't say that it won't. If the extended length of the shock is longer than the free length of the spring, then the spring can fall out. :)

Yeah, the pitman arm caused the problem. I have the shock back in and the front tires back on, but that was a concern for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I won’t be disconnecting then[emoji23].

It would be good to know if this is a something to be aware of. It might not be. Are the springs loose when the axle is hanging by the shocks?

Yeah, the pitman arm caused the problem. I have the shock back in and the front tires back on, but that was a concern for me.

I wonder if there is a dropped pitman arm. Your Jeep probably isn't as stock as you think it is. Post pictures and we can help sort things out.

d3ee24b542ac5592f4e9ebd81efca558.jpg
b5c0d2f74397893177564c505f3a1d34.jpg

I don't see why you shouldn't be able to trim the spring mounts.

I don't understand why the steering would keep the axle from reaching full bump both sides.

I don't see why you shouldn't be able to trim the spring mounts.

I don't understand why the steering would keep the axle from reaching full bump both sides.

Idk either. I’ll trim the bucket tonight and hopefully have the lift finished. Spent 2 days trying to drill out those upper bolts. Thanks for the help.

In the last two photos (of post #2) it looks like you have some aftermarket control arms. These were used to change the pinion angle, which is why your having shock clearance issues. The question is why was the pinion angle changed, and does it still need to be where it is currently set?

Last edited:
In the last two photos (of post #2) it looks like you have some aftermarket control arms.

I think you are looking at the photos I posted. Not the OPs. I was only showing the trimmed coil buckets.