Texas Making CB Great Again

I had one in high school that a few of us would chat on. When I installed the one in my jeep I kept it on to hear the conversations, I do pick up a few truckers on 19 or can pick up the rock quarry on my way to work but its mostly quiet. Once I pick up a new DD I will put one in there too, we use them when we are headed to the trail.

That you got 500 miles in an MG with Lucas ( short for lucifer) electronics is amazing in itself. I grew up wrenching on my moms midget and grew to despise Lucas . Her fiat wasn’t any better though :)
I've owned at least 2 dozen British sports cars over about 30 years, the oldest being a 1936 MGTA and the newest a 1974 MGB/GT. I currently don't have any and don't plan to get back into them. My driveway is full of Jeeps now! I never found the electrical aspects of Lucas electrics to be a problem. If something let you down it was usually the Bakelite that held everything together. All things considered, the older they got the more you expected things to crack, cause shorts and generally fall apart.

Made over head mount and stacked the radio's. CB antenna on left tail light,2 meter antenna is on mount i made over my spare tire.