Mid Arm Lift Suggestions

Off subject of the mid arm discussion but relative to the antirock. Is it true that with the front swapped to an antirock the rear is just fine with the factory sway bar or is there very minimal performance to be gained from a rear antirock with a short arm lift?

Seat dyno talking here but in my case the anti-rock front and rear handle much better on the highway AND without the need to disconnect on the trail and again performs much better than stock on the trail whether connected or disconnected. Now if you are getting into super severe situations, I can’t say whether connected versus disconnected would be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like my front antirock but I’m not sure what I’ll benefit with switching the rear to an antirock

How did you end up liking the 4” Currie over the summer so far? I’m between both as well for mine , but I may wait to get and lj before I drop that kinda cash for the mid arm.

How did you end up liking the 4” Currie over the summer so far? I’m between both as well for mine , but I may wait to get and lj before I drop that kinda cash for the mid arm.
I have zero regrets in the 4” Currie. I took off the RC lift and every time I drive the TJ I smile on or off road. So much more compliant, now I can’t say for the Mid Arm because I never had one but @jjvw I believe has had experience with both so you might ask him.

Never had any RC stuff on mine except for the motor mount lift. ;)

I was talking the Currie versus the mid arm. You have had both correct?

I have Currie 4" springs with the the Savvy mid arm. Before that, it was a mishmash of springs and spacers and mostly stock arms. I'll say this. The shock outboard was a much more dramatic improvement and is one that I can enjoy every time I drive the Jeep. As much as I like the mid arm, most of what I do doesn't justify it being there.

Reactions: zebra12
I have Currie 4" springs with the the Savvy mid arm. Before that, it was a mishmash of springs and spacers and mostly stock arms. I'll say this. The shock outboard was a much more dramatic improvement and is one that I can enjoy every time I drive the Jeep. As much as I like the mid arm, most of what I do doesn't justify it being there.
can you describe the outboard mod Performance ? Before and after perhaps?

Last edited:
can you describe the outboard mod Perfromance ? Before and after perhaps?
The shocks sit about 6" wider than stock. Now the shocks have greater leverage against body roll. That alone is a nice benefit. However, the process of widening the stance also allows for the possibility to fit a longer travel shock. My 12" travel Foxes are about 18" compressed. The result is more travel that is also better positioned than what is possible on stock mounts. Finally, this allows for a much nicer tunable shock than what is available for stock mounts. There is no comparison between an off the shelf Rancho or Bilstein and nicely tuned Fox. When done right, the behavior is completely different than what most are used to. The initial small hits can be soft before the valving transitions into more control. This makes for a smooth comfortable controlled ride.

Reactions: 01TJ-Blues
The shocks sit about 6" wider than stock. Now the shocks have greater leverage against body roll. That alone is a nice benefit. However, the process of widening the stance also allows for the possibility to fit a longer travel shock. My 12" travel Foxes are about 18" compressed. The result is more travel that is also better positioned than what is possible on stock mounts. Finally, this allows for a much nicer tunable shock than what is available for stock mounts. There is no comparison between an off the shelf Rancho or Bilstein and nicely tuned Fox. When done right, the behavior is completely different than what most are used to. The initial small hits can be soft before the valving transitions into more control. This makes for a smooth comfortable controlled ride.
Awesome. Thanks for the detail!

What brand would you recommend for the outboard kit?

I’ve been doing a ton of reading on the process of outboarding the rears. It’s definitely on my list of things to do in the future. My only issues are needing to finish my tummy tuck and figuring out what my total weight for the rig is going to be. It seems that every time I go out wheeling I decide I need more tools and spare parts to come along. Haha