Midnight LJR Build

One side down today, one side to go.

Was quite time consuming having to locate and drill all the OEM flare holes. But we got through it. Ended up making them all quite a bit oversized to give us room to adjust.

E0642119-774F-4E20-99AD-E78E1D3F7C50.jpeg

Last edited:
Correct, in the back the shock is good. It’s bumps out with 1/2” left.

In the front the shock bottoms out before the suspension so it is the stop.

I am currently running

Rear Rancho 55256
  • Compressed Length: 15.063
  • Extended Length: 24.688
  • Travel Length: 9.625

Front Rancho 55255
  • Compressed Length: 15.690 <—-This measurement is major problem
  • Extended Length: 26.420 <--this is kind of a problem because it causes interference with spring bucket and control arm at full droop
  • Travel Length: 10.730

I plan to switch the front to

New Front RS55239
  • Compressed Length: 14.430 <--this length should work perfect for compression
  • Extended Length: 23.840 <--and this will make the shock limit down travel just enough for control arm not to hit spring bucket
  • Travel Length: 9.410

The only issue with the RS55239 is you will have to push out the lower shock hole sleeve, that goes through the rubber bushing, and replace the sleeve with a shock absorber bar pin.

The only issue with the RS55239 is you will have to push out the lower shock hole sleeve, that goes through the rubber bushing, and replace the sleeve with a shock absorber bar pin.

with that being said, he should be able to just rob them from the old shocks. WD40 will help a lot with this

One side down today, one side to go.

Was quite time consuming having to locate and drill all the OEM flare holes. But we got through it. Ended up making them all quite a bit oversized to give us room to adjust.

View attachment 126274

It’s a shame to cover up that pretty midnight blue color !

It’s a shame to cover up that pretty midnight blue color !

Agreed! Don’t worry this is just the test fit to get all the holes drilled etc. I will be pulling the slider backers and corner armor off and getting them painted Midnight Blue to match the rest of the jeep. :)

I changed the shocks out already and didn’t have to do anything special to them they bolted right up.

Reactions: Alex01
Savvy tub sliders came in.

3F217A3E-F691-454B-9033-E2A673FD17A8.jpeg

It looks like the back corner of one of them will have to be cut off in order to make them work with the Morryde hinges.

I am still undecided if I am going to install them at this time. But it’s looking more and more like I will. The protection would be nice and holding them up to the Jeep they look very nice.

Reactions: Alex01
Savvy tub sliders came in.

View attachment 126911

It looks like the back corner of one of them will have to be cut off in order to make them work with the Morryde hinges.

I am still undecided if I am going to install them at this time. But it’s looking more and more like I will. The protection would be nice and holding them up to the Jeep they look very nice.
You'll never regret installing them and not using them. Can you say that the other way around?

As Nike would say....
images.jpeg

Any updates on the build? I'm eager to see what it looks like with all the aluminum painted and the rock rails installed.
It is currently at a top secret location in Southern California getting a couple more improvements done. I will update once finished. ;)