Midnight LJR Build

Yeah I love the way that that turned out. They did an amazing job on it.

Just took my wife outside and showed her again. She was like “you just showed me” I was like “I know! But look again, isn’t it great!“
Your wife is like mine, she’s thinking, “what’s different?”

• Haha
Reactions: Midnight LJR
I've had that discussion with him a few times. There is a bunch of work that is there that is not really noticeable and that holds true even if you aren't a wife.

I was crawling around the vehicle taking pictures of everything and it was like an easter egg hunt. I was like “there that’s everything.” Then I spotted the flipped tie rod, and was like “oh ya” then I thought I got it all again and spotted the hidden trailer plug in and it was like a real surprise. I was all “That’s Awesome!“

I am glad I have this thread or I might start to forget all the hidden (by great work) stuff.

I was crawling around the vehicle taking pictures of everything and it was like an easter egg hunt. I was like “there that’s everything.” Then I spotted the flipped tie rod, and was like “oh ya” then I thought I got it all again and spotted the hidden trailer plug in and it was like a real surprise. I was all “That’s Awesome!“

I am glad I have this thread or I might start to forget all the hidden (by great work) stuff.
Flipping the tie rod in your case is akin to "just raise the rear bumper 1.25"". Both sides were completely disassembled and the upper ball joints pulled to weld on the raised swaybar link mounts.

• Wow
Reactions: B00mb00m
Your wife is like mine, she’s thinking, “what’s different?”

So about 10 years ago one time my wife and I were doing a practice day with our race cars out at Thunderhill raceway. Her session ends and she comes into the staging area, she gets out and I jump into the car. I head across the parking lot and turn onto pit lane and accelerate to about 45 mph. I feel the steering wheel bounce, and flop A LOT! Up and down like it was about to fall into my lap. I am literally like wholly shit and turned off the emergency out exit and was pretty panicked because I hardly had control. I pull into the staging area and looked under the column. The 2 bolts that hold the steering coulmn were about 3” long and both nuts had vibrated about 2.75” down those bolt. It was probably 5 or 6 laps from falling off. It was quite terrifying at 45 mph.

I ask my wife “wholly crap! Why didn’t you come in when the car was acting like that.” Now mind you in our car you would typical be going around 105-110 into the braking zone for turn one.

She looks at me with a cute innocent smile and says.

“Oh that makes since, I thought it was shaking a little under braking.”

You could move the steering up and down roughly 8”!

It would surprise you I think to know how many rigs I drive with similar things that are just so out of whack that I wouldn't drive them to the end of the block willingly after the first drive.

Flipping the tie rod in your case is akin to "just raise the rear bumper 1.25"". Both sides were completely disassembled and the upper ball joints pulled to weld on the raised swaybar link mounts.

Funny how such a simple sentence involves so much work.
It would surprise you I think to know how many rigs I drive with similar things that are just so out of whack that I wouldn't drive them to the end of the block willingly after the first drive.

Explained by the driver as, it’s a “Jeep thing”.

Before anyone picks on the fuse holders (and you should) we do not have a fuse holder solution we like and we've seen most of them. None of them are clean or look like they belong under the hood of a Jeep so if anyone has an example of something cool, post it up.

First off, very nice work on the jeep.

What about a 3 or 6 circuit weatherproof fuse block from Painless Performance?

https://www.painlessperformance.com/wc/p.php?s=fuse3
I have used their stuff quite a few times for various street rods and race cars.

Blaine’s comment reminded me. I didn’t post pictures of the new sway bar mounts.
C3B3E539-2FC4-46AE-87FB-986C4AC54A55.jpeg
7AA2AF10-DAEE-431A-8F14-7E2CFE48717B.jpeg

So about 10 years ago one time my wife and I were doing a practice day with our race cars out at Thunderhill raceway. Her session ends and she comes into the staging area, she gets out and I jump into the car. I head across the parking lot and turn onto pit lane and accelerate to about 45 mph. I feel the steering wheel bounce, and flop A LOT! Up and down like it was about to fall into my lap. I am literally like wholly shit and turned off the emergency out exit and was pretty panicked because I hardly had control. I pull into the staging area and looked under the column. The 2 bolts that hold the steering coulmn were about 3” long and both nuts had vibrated about 2.75” down those bolt. It was probably 5 or 6 laps from falling off. It was quite terrifying at 45 mph.

I ask my wife “wholly crap! Why didn’t you come in when the car was acting like that.” Now mind you in our car you would typical be going around 105-110 into the braking zone for turn one.

You could move the steering up and down roughly 8”!
It's this kind of stuff that keeps me shaking my head. It's also the kind of stuff that reminds me why it's important to have male and female in the human race. Reminds me of when Rocky said Adriane, "I got gaps, you got gaps, together we fill gaps."

Your rig looks fantastic, attention to detail is immaculate. What a nice rig.

First off, very nice work on the jeep.

What about a 3 or 6 circuit weatherproof fuse block from Painless Performance?

https://www.painlessperformance.com/wc/p.php?s=fuse3
I have used their stuff quite a few times for various street rods and race cars.
I probably have 5-7 versions of that, plus relays plus other crap and none of it fulfills my sensibility requirements of how it should look and function. I have the cheap stuff, stuff from Blue Sea, etc..