Mounting a Jerry Can

Mr. Bills

TJ Addict
Nov 24, 2017
Area Code 530
http://truck.rebeloffroad.com/product-p/rse-2tb.

This is the fuel carry set up I’ve been eyeballing for a minute. Install when needed, remove when not.
Interesting idea.

My first reaction was to doubt that the holder would be strong enough for two 2-gal. Rotopax containers filled with gasoline, let alone four (approx 55 lbs.), but according to the reviews it apparently works.

What we need is a first hand report. What is the company's return policy? ;)

J R

Supporting Member
Sep 11, 2018
Vegas
Interesting idea.

My first reaction was to doubt that the holder would be strong enough for two 2-gal. Rotopax containers filled with gasoline, let alone four (approx 55 lbs.), but according to the reviews it apparently works.

What we need is a first hand report. What is the company's return policy? ;)
From my understanding it’s just for the tire brackets and the ratchet strap. Need to order Rotopax mounts separately. They are showing 4 in the picture but I believe you set it up for 2. I’ve seen another company that makes something similar but I didn’t bookmark.

As far as return policy that is a great question and If I order (most likely will) I will find out.

Still looking at options.

pagrey

TJ Enthusiast
Apr 10, 2018
Los Angeles, CA, USA
The useful gas in the tank is 19.5 gallons, anybody that says otherwise needs to get a cheap gas can and run er till shes empty. I carry 10 gallons on the bumper in the desert but even on the old mojave road I didn't need it. Just get a cheap plastic can and strap it to your Jeep when you do a long trip, you wont need it anyway. If you want it for looks go ahead and break the bank, rotopax will do that real quick. I have extra fuel cans, haven't needed them in CA, anybody else want to share some real world experience?

TurboTJ

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2019
Walnut Creek, CA
I have a Smittybilt tire carrier with a custom made mount for a pair of Rotopax. Even though the tanks are small (3 and 2 gallon) it took some effort to get it stiff enough so the tanks don’t bounce around. It is extremely stiff now.

After reading how dangerous hi-jacks are I suppose I should remove it but it looks cool and makes a nice handle.

4ACCB8B2-E049-4919-B2C6-5FE1BD2F620D.jpeg

D15D6DBA-A02E-4B47-B0D5-72E6504E98CC.jpeg

Last edited:

John Scoggins

TJ Enthusiast
Oct 23, 2018
Houston, TX
Just as a curisoty, does the 31 gallon tank mess with the EVAP system as far as setting off codes? It seems it would mess with the LDP as far as stroke time vs when the spring in the diaphragm is balanced?

pagrey

TJ Enthusiast
Apr 10, 2018
Los Angeles, CA, USA
The 31 gallon tank works just like factory tank. TurboTJ, the shovel makes up for the high-lift, besides even Blaine uses one for lifting fence posts so they do serve a purpose.