Mounting a Jerry Can

Mr. Bills

TJ Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2017
Area Code 530
http://truck.rebeloffroad.com/product-p/rse-2tb.

This is the fuel carry set up I’ve been eyeballing for a minute. Install when needed, remove when not.
Interesting idea.

My first reaction was to doubt that the holder would be strong enough for two 2-gal. Rotopax containers filled with gasoline, let alone four (approx 55 lbs.), but according to the reviews it apparently works.

What we need is a first hand report. What is the company's return policy? ;)

J R

Supporting Member
Sep 11, 2018
Vegas
Interesting idea.

My first reaction was to doubt that the holder would be strong enough for two 2-gal. Rotopax containers filled with gasoline, let alone four (approx 55 lbs.), but according to the reviews it apparently works.

What we need is a first hand report. What is the company's return policy? ;)
From my understanding it’s just for the tire brackets and the ratchet strap. Need to order Rotopax mounts separately. They are showing 4 in the picture but I believe you set it up for 2. I’ve seen another company that makes something similar but I didn’t bookmark.

As far as return policy that is a great question and If I order (most likely will) I will find out.

Still looking at options.

Apr 10, 2018
Los Angeles, CA, USA
The useful gas in the tank is 19.5 gallons, anybody that says otherwise needs to get a cheap gas can and run er till shes empty. I carry 10 gallons on the bumper in the desert but even on the old mojave road I didn't need it. Just get a cheap plastic can and strap it to your Jeep when you do a long trip, you wont need it anyway. If you want it for looks go ahead and break the bank, rotopax will do that real quick. I have extra fuel cans, haven't needed them in CA, anybody else want to share some real world experience?

Jan 5, 2019
Walnut Creek, CA
I have a Smittybilt tire carrier with a custom made mount for a pair of Rotopax. Even though the tanks are small (3 and 2 gallon) it took some effort to get it stiff enough so the tanks don’t bounce around. It is extremely stiff now.

After reading how dangerous hi-jacks are I suppose I should remove it but it looks cool and makes a nice handle.

4ACCB8B2-E049-4919-B2C6-5FE1BD2F620D.jpeg

D15D6DBA-A02E-4B47-B0D5-72E6504E98CC.jpeg

Last edited: