Washington Naches, Funny Rocks

Added to Calendar: 10-23-20, 10-24-20

JMT,
I know its an old tread, and I'm a newbie here.
I'm pretty certain my jeep is up to pretty serious wheeling.
If you ever look to get over on the west side, feel free to reach out.
At this point, I'm way down to get out and play.
Mike
Don’t forget to tag me with an @ symbol before JMT so it notifies me. I just happened to read this thread. Otherwise I would have missed your message.

yeah, I’d love to go to the W side and wheel (or any place really!) Moab is end of April and we leave April 18, so after that sometime!

Don’t forget to tag me with an @ symbol before JMT so it notifies me. I just happened to read this thread. Otherwise I would have missed your message.

yeah, I’d love to go to the W side and wheel (or any place really!) Moab is end of April and we leave April 18, so after that sometime!
Ok, got it.
Was not aware, and will do.
Look forward to getting together sometime.

Reactions: JMT
1616811284426.png

http://mms.pnw4wda.org/members/evr/...6FpfoOUa0u_Vc054_jBlsLCulcY9iGrCfn_vmjIWhGCvs

Yep I was a trail host for a lot of years at the Trail Jamboree and then worked at the gate signing people in for a few more years. My first Trail Jamboree was in 2000. I'd been wheeling in the area for about 5 years at that point but going to the Jamboree was still a load of fun.

For new Jeepers it's a GREAT way to learn about some the trails and also meet people who might be from your area.
My second wheeling outing was Trail Jam... it was awesome. This year I believe my club is hosting a trail, and I think I'll be there as part of the team!

Reactions: Wildman
My second wheeling outing was Trail Jam... it was awesome. This year I believe my club is hosting a trail, and I think I'll be there as part of the team!

I am in the Shindig Wheelers from Selah and we use to be trail hosts for a lot of years. Then stopped to allow other clubs to get a chance. I don't know many if any who have not enjoyed their time there.

My second wheeling outing was Trail Jam... it was awesome. This year I believe my club is hosting a trail, and I think I'll be there as part
Just mounted the go pro I got last year for Christmas, into the jeep. Hopefully get a few pics, vids of Tahuya, first real wheelin trip w the old girl.
Going to share this info with my fellow wheelers, see if they are interested in going also.
Let you know tomorrow.

Last edited:
Ok, fellow Washington guys. I'm signed up and onboard! Hope to see you guys out there!
Mike

That is great. Make sure you read thru all the different trails and have a list of ones you want to run. You'll have a good time and get a chance to see a lot of the trails.

Ok, fellow Washington guys. I'm signed up and onboard! Hope to see you guys out there!
Mike
By the way, this is to fellow Washington guys also. I have no communication device in the heap. What are you all using when out on the trails?
I've heard both, but only want to buy one time.
Looking for advise.
Mike

I have CB and GMRS... most guys have CB but more and more are using GMRS... I prefer GMRS as the sound quality is much higher and reception is much better.

Reactions: Vasq and tombicon
By the way, this is to fellow Washington guys also. I have no communication device in the heap. What are you all using when out on the trails?
Looking for advise.
Mike

It's been a few years since I have been at Trail Jam but CB radios were the standard mode of communication at the event. Each trail had a different assigned channel for the day so that there wouldn't be any cross talk.

Rugged Ridge makes a mount for a small CB radio that mounts on the left side of dash or one that mounts on the windshield.

https://ruggedridge.com/p/rugged-ridge-cb-radio-mount/

Reactions: tombicon
Looking for advise.
Mike
The clubs leading participants on the trails will be communicating with everyone on the run using CB radio.

Reactions: tombicon
Yep I was a trail host for a lot of years at the Trail Jamboree and then worked at the gate signing people in for a few more years. My first Trail Jamboree was in 2000. I'd been wheeling in the area for about 5 years at that point but going to the Jamboree was still a load of fun.

For new Jeepers it's a GREAT way to learn about some the trails and also meet people who might be from your area.
I was a trail host for '98' & '99'. 99 most trails were in and out. Very few were loops due to massive snow in some areas.