Need help with my bumper build

@Squatch is getting one of these. I don't care what he says or how hard he kicks and screams, my first run of these will be 2 bumpers and one will be for him.

The piece will be a quality one with smooth radiuses and Tig welded. I work as a certified quality inspector in the metal fabrication industry. He need not worry about the fit and finish of the final product 😉.

All I ask is that when someone asks where he got it, he says "down south from BofA Deez."

Seriously, having my own shop would be a dream. I do what I do with simple tools because I like doing it that way and for me, my time isn't money. I post it here to show others that with a cheap welder, a couple of grinders and sometimes a BFH, anyone can get it done if the planning is right.

God didn't grace me with much, but I have been building and designing shit since I was a kid. I happen to be blessed in life that I work every day at a job I absolutely love. It also helps that they usually let me raid the scrap bins.
LOL Dude, you rock! I try not to get my hopes up on things, because it seems more times than not, things just don't quite work out as planned. However, you're really starting to get me excited about this. If you're serious, then I'm absolutely stoked! But if you're just having some fun with this at my expense, well, then I gotta say that you got me good! ;)

LOL Dude, you rock! I try not to get my hopes up on things, because it seems more times than not, things just don't quite work out as planned. However, you're really starting to get me excited about this. If you're serious, then I'm absolutely stoked! But if you're just having some fun with this at my expense, well, then I gotta say that you got me good! ;)

I'm serious as testicular cancer. You got me started on this path and @dla stepped up big time with the measurements, and I am so grateful for that.

That being said, work has picked up recently, so this will be happening on my free time, so I don't know if you will be installing it before Christmas.

Reactions: Squatch
LOL You're absolutely right. I guess my eyes glaze over, and I see what I want to see when it comes to these bumpers. I'm sure there was more than one face-palm out there after reading my response! Sorry, @mrblaine. Got myself all worked up, there. :rolleyes:
That's ok, at least your depth perception is still good, cause that was only a lil ass kiss because you inquired about purchasing it in a polite & respectful manner. Where as if you wouldv'e said something like "how much for shipping, I want it" that would have gotten you a true brown noser award. Because you would have definitely been smelling those taco's 🌮 from tuesday.

I like that saying you got there, never heard it. ;)

• Haha
Squatch, I would be leary of this guy. Don't know why but his name just sorta clicked when I read his last post. I would deifinetley get a up front shipping est/del time frame quote before getting involved with even a free transaction with him. I mean he he comes in with a name that is just Nuts, 😖 and an now he is referring to testicular cancer and how he's gonna put in all this work and time for you for free. I'm sorry that's just straight up ballsy.😏

And now you probably won't even have it till after x-mas. 😲

:ROFLMAO::LOL:😂😅😀😄🙃😜🤓🤪

Actually seems like a stand up guy as he is at least offering something in return for something he was wanting. Most people now a days have that entitlement syndrome. Like they deserve it and should be given it and deal is done as soon as they receive what they want.
Good Deal Nut man......👍

Squatch, I would be leary of this guy. Don't know why but his name just sorta clicked when I read his last post. I would deifinetley get a up front shipping est/del time frame quote before getting involved with even a free transaction with him. I mean he he comes in with a name that is just Nuts, 😖 and an now he is referring to testicular cancer and how he's gonna put in all this work and time for you for free. I'm sorry that's just straight up ballsy.😏

And now you probably won't even have it till after x-mas. 😲

Flattery will get you nowhere! 😁

Down here, we deal with southern hospitality. I have taken so much information from this forum that I just feel the need to give back. Squatch's lust started me on this journey, and I hate to see a grown man cry. If God gave me the talent to solve this man's problem, wouldn't I be a dick (sorry for her another crotch reference) for not doing it?

Reactions: Rollin20z
I'm serious as testicular cancer. You got me started on this path and @dla stepped up big time with the measurements, and I am so grateful for that.

That being said, work has picked up recently, so this will be happening on my free time, so I don't know if you will be installing it before Christmas.
With my schedule, installation of anything before Christmas would be a miracle! ;)

The dialog is getting lively on this thread, ain't it?

This forum is full of all sorts of good information, and even better folks. A number of folks have stepped up and done some downright generous things here, and it truly does instill a sense of community. And that is something I never thought I would say about a forum, I assure you. Great forum. Great folks. (y)

Reactions: Rollin20z
Flattery will get you nowhere! 😁

Down here, we deal with southern hospitality. I have taken so much information from this forum that I just feel the need to give back. Squatch's lust started me on this journey, and I hate to see a grown man cry. If God gave me the talent to solve this man's problem, wouldn't I be a dick (sorry for her another crotch reference) for not doing it?

Just yanking your chain. Well shit forgot who i was replying to. NO I'm not. lol but honestly I think it is very generous of you to offer something like that to someone you probably wouldn't even know if they walked right up to you and said hello because you feel the need to pay it forward. 👍

BTW I think this being a dick and solving another mans problems is bordering on some other forum.👨‍👨‍👦 :eek:

Keep us updated on the progress of this build please.

This forum is full of all sorts of good information, and even better folks. A number of folks have stepped up and done some downright generous things here, and it truly does instill a sense of community. And that is something I never thought I would say about a forum, I assure you. Great forum. Great folks. (y)

Agreed. Without the information here, I don't think I ever would have taken the dive into the TJ world again. That would have been a shame.

I'm working on a favor and acquiring the material now. I will start a new post and link it here when I get the material.

I'm kind of looking for suggestions for recovery points. Looking really on some experienced replies on how to work them into the bumper

Just yanking your chain. Well shit forgot who i was replying to. NO I'm not. lol but honestly I think it is very generous of you to offer something like that to someone you probably wouldn't even know if they walked right up to you and said hello because you feel the need to pay it forward. 👍

BTW I think this being a dick and solving another mans problems is bordering on some other forum.👨‍👨‍👦 :eek:

Keep us updated on the progress of this build please.

Everything in life I have accomplished on the back of someone who told me it couldn't be done or it just wasn't worth it.

Hold my beer and watch this shit!

That's the way it's supposed to be right? Especially if your a grown ass man you should be able to take some harrassing being told your wrong and admitting it or at least shutting up about it and not whining like some sissy ass biotch. And don't mean that toward the younger guys, girlier guys no one in peticular cause all ages and lifestyles have them. The fussing back and forth on something stupid is like the old opinion/asshole thing, it's gonna happen if you don't like it move on. Read a thing in a email today about worrying, It's like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but you don't get no where.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this finished product, even if I can only gawk at the pictures. @Bofa-Deez your skill set is awesome. Building you own stuff is a great accomplishment, but building your own tubing bender when you did your doors was some real outside the box thinking. These are gorgeous bumpers, and I hope you nail it. I'd love to get my hands on one if you go in to full time production lol.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this finished product, even if I can only gawk at the pictures. @Bofa-Deez your skill set is awesome. Building you own stuff is a great accomplishment, but building your own tubing bender when you did your doors was some real outside the box thinking. These are gorgeous bumpers, and I hope you nail it. I'd love to get my hands on one if you go in to full time production lol.

Thanks. When I built my first house, my mother in law said she never saw anybody use tools like I did. I smiled and said thank you 😄

Since you are going through the trouble of building a rock crawling bumper, consider adding this cross member brace to strengthen and support the underside of the bumper.

20190824_105419.jpg