New Wizard / BMB tail lights?

Thanks. Will I need to replace the fronts with LED, and what about the cluster indicators?

You can do whatever you want with the front headlights and fog lights. LM470 will still be good for future if you decide to LEDs in front.

Nothing needs to be done for the cluster bulbs.

Reactions: B1Toad
Thanks. Will I need to replace the fronts with LED, and what about the cluster indicators?

The rest of your lights will be fine. Your front marker and turn signal lights work with a floating ground. It's a whole different wiring problem to change them to LEDs. While you can replace the instrument lights, LEDs are generally not dimmable, so they'll always be full on or completely off. You CAN get different colors, though.

Reactions: B1Toad
The rest of your lights will be fine. Your front marker and turn signal lights work with a floating ground. It's a whole different wiring problem to change them to LEDs. While you can replace the instrument lights, LEDs are generally not dimmable, so they'll always be full on or completely off. You CAN get different colors, though.

Thanks. I did try LEDs in the cluster and I hated them. Could not find the original T-10 194s with the blue covers and I got some smaller T-10s that were blue. Dimmable but not very bright when full up, and the blue is way off from the rest of the dash lighting. I just ordered some 5 watt T-10s in green, will see how those go.
What a lot of people don't think about with LED dash lighting that won't dim is that it reduces your night vision out to the road and causes eye fatigue. When driving at night in the country you should be dimming the dash as low as possible to where you can just read it.

I installed LED's in the instrument panel and they ARE disable. Probably got them online. If you go the route of LED's up front for marker lights you will create other problems due to the floating ground as indicated by @C.J. Roberts

What a lot of people don't think about with LED dash lighting that won't dim is that it reduces your night vision out to the road and causes eye fatigue. When driving at night in the country you should be dimming the dash as low as possible to where you can just read it.

Agreed. It looks good in photos but it's terrible in real life usage. The factory setup is perfect.

For those of us with incandescents all the way around will they work with our OEM flasher and our cruise control? Will there be a CHMSL coming?

Those with the flasher in the steering column trim bezel will need a Novita LM 470 LED flasher. Those with the flasher on the firewall can cut a trace on the circuit board to make it work with LED lights. No, I likely won't be doing the CHMSL. CC is unaffected as Mike mentioned.

I love my red led dash lights. They dim fine and I pretty much leave them on the dimmest setting all the time. I hate dash lights that are brighter than the sun.

I'm leaning toward the original yellow-ish as the white LEDs tend to lean towards too bright - but the temperature can help adjust for that.

Ok - wasn't trying to be the penny on the railroad track (derail the thread) — Back to the light.

@mrblaine It's been fun watching drops of pics & info over the past several months across multiple threads as you hinted at these. Very glad to see the are close to market and (unsurprisingly) have an insane attention to detail. Looking great! I like the stock light look so these are a great, quality LED option.

I'm curious about @PurpleTJAZ's comment on the drop in the license plate and how that will work without body work required.

I installed LED's in the instrument panel and they ARE disable. Probably got them online. If you go the route of LED's up front for marker lights you will create other problems due to the floating ground as indicated by @C.J. Roberts

I'm leaning toward the original yellow-ish as the white LEDs tend to lean towards too bright - but the temperature can help adjust for that.

Ok - wasn't trying to be the penny on the railroad track (derail the thread) — Back to the light.

@mrblaine It's been fun watching drops of pics & info over the past several months across multiple threads as you hinted at these. Very glad to see the are close to market and (unsurprisingly) have an insane attention to detail. Looking great! I like the stock light look so these are a great, quality LED option.
Thank you, they have been a challenge.
I'm curious about @PurpleTJAZ's comment on the drop in the license plate and how that will work without body work required.
Very simple. Make a plate that has press in studs that point outward to attach the OEM plastic license plate mount to with nuts and fender washers. Offset those down from the original holes enough to clear the tail light housing. Attach with supplied ultra low profile socket cap screws in Torx with a 6mm thread that screws directly into the original holes with a matching thread.

The hole is a drill guide. Some folks may not want to see the small bit of wire that goes up into the groove on the back side of the tail light housing. If that is the case, they can drill the tub, take the plate light wire in that way and then plug that into the harness connector we supply.

DSC01948.JPG

DSC01962.JPG

Looks like this when done.

DSC01952.JPG

Thank you, they have been a challenge.

Very simple. Make a plate that has press in studs that point outward to attach the OEM plastic license plate mount to with nuts and fender washers. Offset those down from the original holes enough to clear the tail light housing. Attach with supplied ultra low profile socket cap screws in Torx with a 6mm thread that screws directly into the original holes with a matching thread.

The hole is a drill guide. Some folks may not want to see the small bit of wire that goes up into the groove on the back side of the tail light housing. If that is the case, they can drill the tub, take the plate light wire in that way and the plug that into the harness connector we supply.

View attachment 474356

View attachment 474360

Looks like this when done.

View attachment 474361

Meant every compliment!

Not going to lie - I was hoping that question would elicit exactly these pics! We'd have to know you had a solution built in but couldn't see it in the other pics.

This blue TJ in the earlier looks like sanded bondo where the OEM mount would be so these previews of the bracket are awesome! Easy bracket to paint black and it would blend or body paint and it would blend.

Meant every compliment!

Not going to lie - I was hoping that question would elicit exactly these pics! We'd have to know you had a solution built in but couldn't see it in the other pics.

This blue TJ in the earlier looks like sanded bondo where the OEM mount would be so these previews of the bracket are awesome! Easy bracket to paint black and it would blend or body paint and it would blend.

You can paint, it is just stainless steel so it won't rust. There is no bondo on that TJ.

Reactions: FarFire70
You can paint, it is just stainless steel so it won't rust. There is no bondo on that TJ.

Figured. That picture was at a distance it looked like bondo -> And my brain said 'Nope, Blaine isn't having you bondo your Jeep.' But I couldn't figure out what you had brewing (and you didn't give us a trailer preview ;) ).

I'm in.

I have the Max Bilt Trail Tails and never really loved the round light look. More importantly, reverse lights are beyond anemic. I had to notch the plate holder to clear the Trail Tails and I'm sure it's filled with water by now.

So.. are the reverse lights actually going to be usable? And the kit will be complete with lights, license plate light (which I assume is LED as well), plate relocation bracket?

A black powder coat option on the license plate light would be awesome but easy enough to paint. I'll need a new plastic plate holder thingy or go with the bent plate.

Reactions: bbaldwin237
I'm in.

I have the Max Bilt Trail Tails and never really loved the round light look. More importantly, reverse lights are beyond anemic. I had to notch the plate holder to clear the Trail Tails and I'm sure it's filled with water by now.

So.. are the reverse lights actually going to be usable? And the kit will be complete with lights, license plate light (which I assume is LED as well), plate relocation bracket?

A black powder coat option on the license plate light would be awesome but easy enough to paint. I'll need a new plastic plate holder thingy or go with the bent plate.

The Trail Tails were previously what I had on my "wish list" but like you kind of struggled with the round look. I love that he paid attention to the issue with round lights and made these compatible for those that have previously cut for round. Just one of those details that you only get from a company like his and will never see from the others that make so many parts.

I wonder if it's a model year thing. The LEDs in my '06 dim the same as the OE incandescents did.

Either that or maybe it has to do with what bulbs are bought.

Anyway, I need to determine what color taillights I want.