California NorCal Jeep adventures!

On a similar note, have you seen Mel Wade from EVO’s JT Gladiator Overlander?

1707C51C-2D56-425C-A2D4-B33D39F682D7.jpeg

I have some longer 1-2 week trips planned in the next couple of years including possibly going up to Canada (banff/jasper/etc) so I’ve been considering a vehicle with some better road manners, creature comforts, and with more space, where I can have gear (including a fair amount for longer trips), my dog, and a passenger or two. Leaning towards a Tacoma right now but waiting until around end of year (or if there is a good sale) to see where the market is going with a few rumors out there still.

Reactions: Starrs
I have some longer 1-2 week trips planned in the next couple of years including possibly going up to Canada (banff/jasper/etc) so I’ve been considering a vehicle with some better road manners, creature comforts, and with more space, where I can have gear (including a fair amount for longer trips), my dog, and a passenger or two. Leaning towards a Tacoma right now but waiting until around end of year (or if there is a good sale) to see where the market is going with a few rumors out there still.
A diesel J T gladiator on 40s would be ideal :D

I still am planning on doing a fair amount of off-roading, probably building where top of the world would be the hardest I’d do. Although it’ll be a slower build :D

A diesel J T gladiator on 40s would be ideal :D

But don’t want to go too crazy where it’s going to drive like a Jeep on 40s.

Reactions: DrDmoney
I still am planning on doing a fair amount of off-roading, probably building where top of the world would be the hardest I’d do. Although it’ll be a slower build :D

But don’t want to go too crazy where it’s going to drive like a Jeep on 40s.
I see a ton of Tacos with RTT’s in SF, don’t know how they keep the homeless from stripping all the goodies off. Something like this for a city dweller is more secure, although in most your sleeping quarters would pretty much be for sleeping only.

https://gearjunkie.com/lightweight-pop-top-truck-campers

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex01 and tomtaylz
I see a ton of Tacos with RTT’s in SF, don’t know how they keep the homeless from stripping all the goodies off. Something like this for a city dweller is more secure, although in most your sleeping quarters would pretty much be for sleeping only.

https://gearjunkie.com/lightweight-pop-top-truck-campers

Luckily my part of the city isn’t terrible, but I always have security in mind. I want to have some kind of locking draw system too which is a big plus so I could pack some stuff the night before (packing up the Jeep at 4am for trips was getting old)

Reactions: DrDmoney
Luckily my part of the city isn’t terrible, but I always have security in mind. I want to have some kind of locking draw system too which is a big plus so I could pack some stuff the night before (packing up the Jeep at 4am for trips was getting old)
You would be surprised what creatures roam the nights, even in good neighborhoods. I live 4 miles out from the nearest thing resembling a town and yet when I leave for work at 2 am I come across people in places they shouldn’t be in my remote neighborhood.

Reactions: tomtaylz